Afternoon snack, anyone?

anandaindonesia

What nickel and dime are you talking about? All these things are offered in the buffet, free restaurants or in the free room service at that hour?

Please try and keep up with the conversation. She was asking about high-end snacks. The kind you buy from room service like cheeses, breads, crackers, shrimp etc. You can get swiss cheese and saltines in the buffet, but we were not discussing the low-end stuff. To get the good stuff you pay additional.

Feel free to ask more questions if you are still confused.

Has anyone tried the 24/7 on board pizza delivery? They will deliver right to your seat at your favorite bar. Nothing like a 4 o'clock cocktail and a slice of pepperoni. :p

That will also cost you a nickel and a dime, err, 5 bucks. I guess it tastes good if you are drunk, but sober, it's bad.

One the one cruise where I had a balcony, it would be going up to the buffet getting some cheese, those pretzel buns, bread, some grapes or other fruit. Then head back to the balcony with a nice glass on wine. Otherwise it is find a quite seat somewhere.

As an NCL newbie, may I ask your favorite afternoon snack(s) on board, and where to get it from?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Michael

via Tapatalk. sorry for typo.

No matter what line or ship I am on: room service: appetizer or salad and a diet soda. I like to eat a bit, relax before evening. I usually do this around 4pm because I prefer (even at home) to dine a little later than other people, around 830 or 9pm. This is usually also when I take my evening shower, and lounge around in the cabin for a bit, maybe read or just "decompress" from a day of being around 2000 people.

Nice tip for whoever brings the tray from room service. :)

Edited by artist47

Please try and keep up with the conversation. She was asking about high-end snacks. The kind you buy from room service like cheeses, breads, crackers, shrimp etc. You can get swiss cheese and saltines in the buffet, but we were not discussing the low-end stuff. To get the good stuff you pay additional.

First - the OP is most likely a "he"...signed the post Michael.

That's not how I read the post - at all. OP asked about snacks - never said a word about "high end". :/

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by happy cruzin

I've always found a nice selection of cheeses in the buffet...not just Swiss...

And my husband and I tried the 27/7 pizza for dinner one evening, thought it was good :) better than the average, especially for $5, and yes,,,we were sober :)

Gosh now I'm craving snacks.

Are you referring to the International Cheese Selection that you can purchase for two or four people at a cost of $18 or $32 ???

That is a specialty item and a far cry from "snack foods". I don't believe any cruise line furnishes this selection without charging for it.

NCL furnishes the normal selection of snacking cheeses without charge.

I am posting this in an attempt to preserve the integrity of information on CC.

Disparaging NCL can cause some cruisers to get the wrong impression of this fine cruise line.

One the one cruise where I had a balcony, it would be going up to the buffet getting some cheese, those pretzel buns, bread, some grapes or other fruit. Then head back to the balcony with a nice glass on wine. Otherwise it is find a quite seat somewhere.

This is exactly what I do! In fact, I take some "sandwich baggies" to keep in the room, and then put the cheese and pretzel rolls in them when I get back to the room to save for a snack. The fruit doesn't really need "bagged". I felt the variety of cheeses, etc. was pretty good.

This is why I love norwegian because if I feel like eating earlier I can go when I want and if I want to have a nice afternoon snack and relax then I can eat later. I have a sweet Tooth so I love having an ice cream and some cookies or banana bread from the buffet as an afternoon snack.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think "snacks" are where NCL is very lacking. My friend and I, who had only previously cruised on Princess, took our first Norwegian cruise last November. After returning from port excursions, we usually (on Princess) went to the Horizon Court and brought back a variety of cheese, salami, herring, fruit, crackers, guacamole and tortilla chips etc. to eat on our balcony.

We were very disappointed to see that the Jewel only offered Saltines as the cracker to go with the most "mundane" cheese selection. On Princess, there was quite a selection from garlic cheese spread, port wine, blue cheese, pepper, Swiss, etc. cheeses. On NCL, there were 8 or 10 thin slices of yellow or white cheese on a display. If I took 4 of those slices, the person behind the counter replaced those 4 pieces of cheese so that there was the same 10 thin slices available to the next person....almost as if they were rationing the cheese.

We asked if there were any other types of crackers or snacks and were told "NO".

Interesting as we have never experienced this on any of our NCL cruises. In fact, I was so impressed with the cheese selections and offerings including nuts, dried fruit and at least six or eight different selections including brie, goat cheese, cheddar, blue, havarti, gouda etc. There were thin breadsticks, water crackers. Add to it some antipasto veggies. Lovely.

Usually if we were in need of a snack,we'd just hit the buffet. Maybe grab a couple slices of pizza, a roll, fruit. Whatever they happened to have out that sounded good at the time.

We keep talking about doing Pizza 24/7 and ordering it to one of the lounges, or poolside., etc. Never do. Last cruise that's what we did Friday night while we packed.

defo the cheese selection from the buffet. On the EPIC there was popcorn available at every movie.

I also enjoyed the pizza from the buffet most times. I found on the EPIC the buffet either indoors or outdoors seemed to be available almost constantly from 7am - 11pm - they alternated the indoor/outdoor one throughout the day.