Book 2 staterooms, but actually sleep in only one-is it possible?

sherezada

I would call Royal Caribbean and ask them. The 5 of us are booked in 3 staterooms (each one only accomodates 2 people), and I think we may end up only using 2 rooms. The booking agent never mentioned that this would be a problem at all. To be on the safe side, you may want to keep all life jackets in your room.
I don't think they keep life jackets in the room anymore. They are stored on the deck in the lockers by the lifeboats, I believe. Edited by 05mak05

just remember that if you do this DO NOT stiff the cabin attendant who has the empty cabin. it is NOT fair to them. plus you should be tipping a lot extra to the one who now has twice as many people to clean up after in the cabin, causing then to fall behind.

if you get the same person assigned to both, then fine. it balances out. but that is not always how it works out.

Well, my question was geared more towards are we breaking any rules by having 4 people sleep in a double occupancy cabin? Or by not occupying a paid cabin? Any possible issues with safety regulations, staff, ammenities like towels, etc?

We would be booking side-by-side rooms, if that makes any difference (oh, how I wish they were connecting!)

I have done this before as I joined a cruise at the last moment to surprise family members who had been booked for several months.

There were not and cabins left that had occupancy for more than 2. At the advice of the rci reservation it's, we booked a D1 balcony and listed myself and son. The other was an interior on the other end of the ship and we listed my wife and daughter. The agent told us on the phone that the cruise line did not care where we slept, it was the ships occupancy manifest that dictated which cabins would occupy more than two persons.

When we arrived at the pier we were given keys to both rooms and boarded. We thought about putting the luggage in the additional cabin but it was 5 decks down at the other end of the ship.

We waited in the windjammer and surprised my wife's sister completely when they came in.

Not once did we even open the door during the 7 day cruise and nothing was said.

Ps.. Both children were under three at the time and the attendant brought us 2 additional life jackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think they keep life jackets in the room anymore. They are stored on the deck in the lockers by the lifeboats, I believe.

We just got of the Serenade of the Seas on December21, 2013, and we still had life vests in our stateroom.

<a href=lifevests_zps56f2b313.jpg' alt='lifevest

Edited by lady_cruiser