Hotel Maya Code for June

parisbully

I haven't completed the booking yet-- I don't want to book without knowing how much the actual rate is

I went through with the booking and the rate was $125.00. I was ready to cancel the reservation if it was VERY expensive. Remember, on most hotel site's you can book and cancel as long as you cancel within 24-48 hours.

I suggest you go for it!

Please let us know what rate you get,

Edited by Plant

UGH. I got frustrated so I called, and spoke with a rep named Cherise. She told me that using that corporate code it doesn't allow her to book and says it's for Carnival Crew only, and asked if I was Carnival Crew and that it should not be quoted otherwise.

I give up. :( Are there any other hotels in the area that have a park and cruise package?

UGH. I got frustrated so I called, and spoke with a rep named Cherise. She told me that using that corporate code it doesn't allow her to book and says it's for Carnival Crew only, and asked if I was Carnival Crew and that it should not be quoted otherwise.

I give up. :( Are there any other hotels in the area that have a park and cruise package?

I'm sorry you "gave up" :(. I booked the Carnival rate by clicking on an ad. If the rate is only good for Carnival employee's, I don't know why'd they'd offer it in their advertising? As Laurie said, the hotel staff really doesn't know about the booking offer's online or in advertising. They probably could only quote you the most expensive price!

I know I'm going to be incredibly PO'd if we get there and our rate isn't honored.

I'm sorry you "gave up" :(. I booked the Carnival rate by clicking on an ad. If the rate is only good for Carnival employee's, I don't know why'd they'd offer it in their advertising? As Laurie said, the hotel staff really doesn't know about the booking offer's online or in advertising. They probably could only quote you the most expensive price!

I know I'm going to be incredibly PO'd if we get there and our rate isn't honored.

Yeah, I stayed at the Hotel Maya in 2012 using the rate and don't remember it being difficult at all! I suppose I will try it again in a couple weeks. Maybe I am just having a super blonde moment with this, lol.

But over Valentines Day it wasn't the crew rate. I was there then, too.

Don't know what the rate was called, but I have them the code (numbers) and they were able use it.

It's always the same code, but in February it was not a crew confidential rate. I used the code for a park and cruise. They currently are offering the park and cruise under the crew confidential rate, which doesn't make sense. I wonder if they have a glitch in the system.

We have booked the Carnival crew rate for June 8. Is anyone going before that? Getting real nervous about using that rate.

Just hope they don't ask you for an employee ID and then charge you the rack rate when you can't produce it.

Get the Hotels Tonight app just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you click the rate details it states that it includes parking. But it is a "Carnival crew" rate. Does not say Carnival cruise rate. In the past it stated both cruise and crew. Sure wish someone could confirm before our June 8 date.

Edited by parisbully

If the rate is only good for Carnival employee's, I don't know why'd they'd offer it in their advertising?

It happens all the time, especially with lodging. Go on the website of any national chain. They post rates for AAA, AARP, government employees on official business, etc. I used to work for a Fortune 500 corporation and there were codes available for employee discounts- some for business only, others for personal travel too. When booking a special rate there's a disclaimer to be ready to provide proof of eligibility at check-in time and I'm asked about half the time. Not sure how Hotel Maya works but special rates are openly posted.

If the rate is for Carnival employees, why would you be PO'd if you're not eligible?

If the deal sounds too good to be true, it isn't.

Do you honestly think a hotel would give the same discount rate to a "once in a lifetime" visitor that it would give to a regular customer?

If you've gotten this rate once before, rest assured that it was because front desk personnel weren't doing their job.

If the deal sounds too good to be true, it isn't.

Do you honestly think a hotel would give the same discount rate to a "once in a lifetime" visitor that it would give to a regular customer?

If you've gotten this rate once before, rest assured that it was because front desk personnel weren't doing their job.

Not true. The hotel has no idea what your booking history is when you book online. And, the rate actually is higher than the Carnival code provided in February.

Not true. The hotel has no idea what your booking history is when you book online. And, the rate actually is higher than the Carnival code provided in February.

Either I wasn't clear or you misunderstood me. This has nothing to do with booking history. Rather, if there was the same low rate for cruisers as there was for crew in the past, it may have been because of a front desk in attention.

Just got written confirmation from the hotel that code will not be honored without crew identification. Sounds pretty clear to me. I don't want to take a chance. Just canceled the code reservation and made a "real" one.

"That specific code is for crew members only and will require ID at check in, we have found that people have been using this code who are not crew members so we have tightened our check in process."

Just got written confirmation from the hotel that code will not be honored without crew identification. Sounds pretty clear to me. I don't want to take a chance. Just canceled the code reservation and made a "real" one.

"That specific code is for crew members only and will require ID at check in, we have found that people have been using this code who are not crew members so we have tightened our check in process."

Bummer!