• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We don't do any excursions on this itinerary.

We have a bar we visit every time we go to St. Thomas. We know the owners and the staff. Then we head to Megan's Bay for the day ending back at the bar before going to the ship.

We usually don't even get off the ship in St. Maarten but we are going to go in and walk around town for a little while this time.

We got a bungalo for Princess Cays just so we have some place to hold our stuff.

You?

We rented a clamshell for Princess Cay. We've never been there, so going to make that a nice beach day. We haven't booked anything for St. Thomas - we were thinking about maybe going to St. John as we've been to St. Thomas on our last two cruises. Have you been to St. John? We're renting a car in St. Maarten to drive the island. We did that last year and really enjoyed it.

We rented a clamshell for Princess Cay. We've never been there, so going to make that a nice beach day. We haven't booked anything for St. Thomas - we were thinking about maybe going to St. John as we've been to St. Thomas on our last two cruises. Have you been to St. John? We're renting a car in St. Maarten to drive the island. We did that last year and really enjoyed it.

Just thought I'd jump in and say hi. I'm Sox Fan Cruiser's husband.

Also wanted to let folks know that, in helping direct someone else here on CC to information they were seeking regarding St. Thomas, I stumbled across the fact that there will apparently be a total of 6 cruise ships in port in St. Thomas when we're there, including the Ruby Princess and the 5400 passenger Allure of the Seas. St. Thomas is going to be crowded! So, westoftheashley, I would definitely recommend a trip to St. John, especially if you've never been. It is absolutely beautiful, and will certainly be much less crowded than St. Thomas.

Oh, and at this point, according to the website I was on, we are scheduled to dock at Havensight instead of Princess' usual berth at Crown Bay. For those who have never been, the nice thing about Havensight is that (while cabs are certainly available) it's only about a 12 minute walk (+/-) into downtown Charlotte Amalie (if you are so inclined) with sidewalks the entire way; whereas, you pretty much have to take a cab to get anywhere from Crown Bay.

Less than 2 weeks now, and counting down. See y'all aboard. :)

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere