Msc preziosa first

jorisbr

Hi everybody,

I booked a yacht club suite on the msc preziosa for july 2014 as a wedding day gift for my wife

We have cabin 16009

Anybody already been on msc preziosa or any tips about cabin, stuff to do etc?

This is our first cruise so all tips are usefuwe take the eastern mediterrean cruise

July 5-12

Thanks for the replies and help!

You might have already planned so, but would strongly recommend to spend at least three days in Venice before or after cuise. It most be one of the most romantic places in the world;)

Further do some research on the Ports of call board for Europe on this forum. Usually lots of info there, but some of your ports are a bit unknown like Bari and Katakolon. Also the ports stops on this itineray (with exception of Istanbul) are very short, so if you not experienced yet, you might just restrict yourself to ships excursions or just wander off board for a while. If you like visiting ancient ruins, Ephesus is a must. Istanbul is easy to D.I.Y. Highlights are Sophia Hagia, Topkapi Palace & the Blue Mosque. You can also do a Bosphorus cruise and visits to the Galata Bridge, the Grand Bazaar or the Spice Market. Check out what appeals to you most.

Sorry, can not give you much info about the Yacht Club (as I am new to MSC), but it seems a lot drinks are included like even your minibar, so you do not need a drink package. You can do a search at the top right hand side of the main page or just go back through the pages and open posts about the club, as well about the club on the Divina.

Happy researching, it's a great hobby!

Hi there! My husband and I will be on this same cruise in yacht club as well. We are celebrating 15 years of marriage and our 40th birthdays. :)

I strongly recommend that you read Rick Steve's book on Mediterranean Cruise Ports. It has heaps of helpful advice.

At the moment we are planning on spending the night before the cruise in Venice and take the first port day (Bari) very quietly as I am very likely to be quite jet lagged after flying in from New Zealand. We currently have a car booked with Avis for Katakolon (Olympus), a private tour guide for Istanbul. We are planning on self-touring Dubrovnik and are looking at organized tours for Ephasus (Izmir) due to the very short stop there. I can give you heaps more info if you email me at atillathemum(@)fastmail.fm - remove the parentheses. I have also started a roll call in the roll call forums and my husband and I are open to including a few other couples in our excursion plans to share costs yet still get a really awesome and individual experience.

We have watched heaps of Youtube videos on Yacht Club and there are many cruise critic threads on it that are easy to search out using the search function at the top of the page. You are going to have an awesome experience!

Kat

Hi everybody,

I booked a yacht club suite on the msc preziosa for july 2014 as a wedding day gift for my wife

We have cabin 16009

Anybody already been on msc preziosa or any tips about cabin, stuff to do etc?

This is our first cruise so all tips are usefuwe take the eastern mediterrean cruise

July 5-12

Thanks for the replies and help!

We sailed in the Yacht club onboard the MSC Preziosa last summer and had a wonderful time. In 2012 we sailed the same itinerary as you are going to do on the sistership MSC Divina, also in Yacht Club. Very nice itinerary but short stops in Izmir and Dubrovnik so plan your time ahead. There are plent of threads about the Yacht Club itself at this board of feel free to ask questions :)

Last week I posted a lot of pictures from our cruise in Yacht Club onboard the MSC Preziosa. You will find them here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973929

I also have a youtube channel with loads of short films from the Yacht club from MSC Fantasia, MSC Divina and MSC Preziosa. Enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PSOETVIK

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73