Hire Cars at Miami Port

moomoocow

Good morning all

When we arrive at Miami from our Rio repo we will be looking to hire a car for the day to drive around Miami and eventually drop at the airport. The prices work out the same as two people in a shuttle to MIA and as our planned flight doesn't leave until 8pm we have 12 hours to fill.

I understand there are no hire car offices at the actual port but could anyone confirm where the nearest are, what company or companies are available and if they do a shuttle to their offices from the port?

Details on TA are sketchy and I need to know so I can pre-book here in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Good morning all

When we arrive at Miami from our Rio repo we will be looking to hire a car for the day to drive around Miami and eventually drop at the airport. The prices work out the same as two people in a shuttle to MIA and as our planned flight doesn't leave until 8pm we have 12 hours to fill.

I understand there are no hire car offices at the actual port but could anyone confirm where the nearest are, what company or companies are available and if they do a shuttle to their offices from the port?

Details on TA are sketchy and I need to know so I can pre-book here in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

We have been looking at picking up a car at the port as well if you check out Hertz when you look at the options for Miami there is one for the port. It might be that they shuttle you from the port to a pick up point.

Judith

Hi all,

We have used Hertz on our previous transatlantic cruises. The Port of Miami location is 229 Southeast 2nd St. They have a shuttle service from the port. The Hertz web site may tell you that the shuttle has to be pre booked, but we never have. You can be sure that there will be many other passengers doing likewise.

Mark