Tour of Bermuda for Elderly Passengers

Cruiser61

Hi,

Sandy and I are taking her Mother and HER sisters/husbands on the RCI cruise to King's Wharf in Sept. I've perused the RCI sponsored tours and can't find one that will really accomodate folks who (in their 80's) don't do a lot of walking but want to see the island. Anyone have a source for a tour that includes Hamilton and St Georges? I've checked out the Bermuda threads and can't find anythjing.

HELP

Bob

You could hire a taxi tour. A taxi will take up to four people around the island for about $40 an hour ($50 if five or six people). With a taxi tour you can go anywhere and wander around on foot for as little or as long as you want - it's your own personal tour of Bermuda.

I would highly recommend a taxi tour - especially from Kings Wharf, as they are right outside the ship. For a group of 4-6 people, it's fairly inexpensive and the drivers know the scenic spots to take you to.

The snorkel park is also a very short walk from the ship - it offers a small beach with shallow water (no waves). If they can walk short distances and enjoy the beach, take the taxi to Horseshoe Bay. It will drop you off and pick you up at the bottom of the hill!

I believe there is also a catamaran sail (check excursions) directly from the Wharf, or maybe one of the glass-bottom boat tours. These usually have seating accommodations appropriate for older folks and many of them also give you a tour of the island from the water.

Hope this helps!

Archived