Heads up on Ryan Air

Just have to go with then Linda.Sure it`ll be fine,you get delays with any airline

An aside

Thomson Airways finished in first place during the summer season 2013 up to October, recording their sixth consecutive summer at the top of the league table, with an average delay of only 12.8 minutes and over 81% on-time performance recorded.

The airline also repeated a rare clean sweep across all eight UK reporting airports at which it operated charter flights, securing the most punctual position at all eight during summer 2013 for the second consecutive year.

Jim,

How are these figures compiled ?

Is it a across all airlines, or only charter flights ?

If the latter, it's hardly a large field of runners out of UK airports.

Has as been said many times, statistics can prove anything.

Suppose the flight should take 4 hours, the airline, in its brochure says its 5 hours. When it lands at 4.5 hours, the airline says its 30 minutes early not 30 minutes late.

Has anybody else noticed that the flight time published in the brochure is 30 minutes more than the pilot tells you it is on the aircraft.

This is not just one airline but all I have been on in recent years.

Has as been said many times, statistics can prove anything.

Suppose the flight should take 4 hours, the airline, in its brochure says its 5 hours. When it lands at 4.5 hours, the airline says its 30 minutes early not 30 minutes late.

Has anybody else noticed that the flight time published in the brochure is 30 minutes more than the pilot tells you it is on the aircraft.

This is not just one airline but all I have been on in recent years.

Spot on there.... Clive and Anne

Every Ryanair flight I have been on plays that fanfare even if they are 15 minutes late.

Hi Jim

I think we discussed this a while ago and you said that Monarch and Jet2 had the worst records for being on time :rolleyes: Well Monarch at Christmas was fine. Good flights both ways. On time going out. An hour late coming back BUT not their fault - horrendous head winds going out to Madeira, but of course tail winds for us coming back. We were back in 2 hours 50 minutes :eek: :D

(3 hours 40mins going out)

I dont think I personally said that Monarch and Jet2 had the worst punctuality rate.merely posted a link that said as much.I`ve flown with Monarch a number of times and they`ve been fine

Jim,

How are these figures compiled ?

I do not know

edited

They analyse On-Time Performance (OTP) of the largest UK & Ireland airlines operating at UK reporting airports. OTP is the proportion of flights operating up to 15 minutes late. Once a flight operates 16 minutes or more behind schedule, it is considered to be delayed. OTP within 15 minutes is the standard benchmark criteria for flight punctuality, and is used in the aviation industry worldwide.

Is it a across all airlines, or only charter flights ?
Thomson Airways,just across Charter Flights

If the latter, it's hardly a large field of runners out of UK airports.
The came top out of 3 :D:D Edited by Jim The Scot

I didn't mean you personally said that Jim. Worded badly - sorry :o:o:D

No need for a sorry Linda

QUOTE The came top out of 3 UNQUOTE

Should we watch out for Thomas Cook giving themselves an industry Silver Award for their place "on the podium of winners" for punctuality ?

:)

:D

And Monarch for the bronze