Best liquor store for Scotch

nbsjcruiser

We'll be on the Independence of the Seas in late February and one of our stops is Grand Cayman. Anytime I'm away I look for a nice single malt bottle of scotch that I can't get at home. Anyone know of a nice liquor store with a good selection in Grand Cayman?

tks

We'll be on the Independence of the Seas in late February and one of our stops is Grand Cayman. Anytime I'm away I look for a nice single malt bottle of scotch that I can't get at home. Anyone know of a nice liquor store with a good selection in Grand Cayman?

tks

Most likely the ship will have the best selection and price. GC not known for low liquor pricing.

There are a few nice shops but scattered about but the best ones I think of are not duty free shops. Prices at those shops would reflect the considerable import duty applied to liquor sold on island.

The Jacques Scott store at 16 North Sound Rd on the northeast corner of the intersection of Shedden Road and North Sound Road comes to mind. That is nearly a mile from the waterfront.

The Big Daddys liquor store at The Falls shopping center 1114 West Bay Rd in the Seven Mile Beach area is right across the road from the Westin Hotel. They tend to carry some nicer, and pricier, selections.

Perhaps any of the locations licensed as duty free shops can sell any scotch that their parent company sells.