Cruised with our 7.5 month old

packyourpixiedust

We just returned from a week long cruise on Celebrity with our 7.5 month old. We were traveling with family, including grandma, so we had some nice babysitting time from her. Upon my asking, I received a form to fill 45 days (or maybe 52 with special requests) before the cruise to request your baby food requests- we were given a choice of Gerber regular, or Gerber Organic, plus you could choose baby cereal and formula- up to 2 cans. We use Earth's Best Organic for sensitive Tummy's so I requested that.

The cruise itself was wonderful! I highly recommend that age for cruising. My son has been sitting on his own for quite some time, and has been crawling since 5.5 months, he also pulls himself up on things. So, we just brought lots of hand wipes and allowed him to crawl wherever he wanted. (Within reason.) He had a great week and so did we!

Let me know if you have any questions!

We just returned from a week long cruise on Celebrity with our 7.5 month old. We were traveling with family, including grandma, so we had some nice babysitting time from her. Upon my asking, I received a form to fill 45 days (or maybe 52 with special requests) before the cruise to request your baby food requests- we were given a choice of Gerber regular, or Gerber Organic, plus you could choose baby cereal and formula- up to 2 cans. We use Earth's Best Organic for sensitive Tummy's so I requested that.

The cruise itself was wonderful! I highly recommend that age for cruising. My son has been sitting on his own for quite some time, and has been crawling since 5.5 months, he also pulls himself up on things. So, we just brought lots of hand wipes and allowed him to crawl wherever he wanted. (Within reason.) He had a great week and so did we!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Did your travel involve any flights ?

Yes. Direct from Detroit. We did not fly in or out early. It was risky, but we took it with no issues. This was our baby's second trip that involved flights.

Did you do an inlap infant or did you use a carseat and purchased airline seat ?

Did you do an inlap infant or did you use a carseat and purchased airline seat ?

We did not purchase a seat for him and then had a private car service pick us up with the car seat and take us to and from the pier. (Although they had the wrong car seat on the way to the pier so we held him. But the Van they had was HUGE, like a bus really, so it felt a little safer.

This was his 2nd flight as a lap baby and it went okay. This time was nice because we were in a plane with a 2 seat side, so we didn't have a seat mate. I would say once the baby is 1 he will be too big for lap child because there just isn't much room in the seats these days. On a previous flight there was a large man in front of me whose seat kept leaning back and then he reclined the whole flight, there was literally no room for my 5.5 month old to sit on my lap during that flight.

Does celebrity publish that the offer baby food or did you just request? I think since you pretty much pay full rate they should offer food, Im pretty sure Carnival (only line I've cruised with) doesn't provide it.

I read it somewhere but no one told me it was an option. I googled it 55 days before the trip and found the email address and number to call and get the order form which I then emailed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app