Anyone has pictures of 4J corner on Liberty or Conquest class

LWiening

Trying to make it through the cold that we are going through the next four days before we leave early Friday morning. I remember not long ago someone had posted pictures of a 4j corner room. We are going on on the Liberty on Saturday and would live to see the pictures so that I can post them on my desktop to give me warm thoughts. I would really appreciate it..This Chicagoen needs a little hope that the weather will clear up and we will make our cruise. We are at about -20 with blowing snow and everyone has been advise to stay in.

Trying to make it through the cold that we are going through the next four days before we leave early Friday morning. I remember not long ago someone had posted pictures of a 4j corner room. We are going on on the Liberty on Saturday and would live to see the pictures so that I can post them on my desktop to give me warm thoughts. I would really appreciate it..This Chicagoen needs a little hope that the weather will clear up and we will make our cruise. We are at about -20 with blowing snow and everyone has been advise to stay in.

There are tons of photos from passengers on:

cruise line rooms dot com

We had the 4J on the Glory and LOVED it. Being able to walk right out on a gigantic deck for photo ops was great. Hardly anyone out there at any given time....and paying for an inside cabin, but having a window was an added bonus.:)

Well, I had a 4J on Victory and would never do it again. It was 7205. Just DD & I, so didn't need the beds together.

Cabin was small with very little room to maneuver. Nice large bathroom (HC modified), though!

Yes, I loved being able to go out on the not-so-secret deck (we had a port every day sailing from San Juan).

What I did not love was that Every Single Person who went through those doors, at ALL HOURS of the night, would let them SLAM so loudly that my bed would shake.

It isn't rocket science, folks. There are two doors. Open door #1, go through, shut door #1. Open door #2, go through, shut door #2. If you open them both and then just let go, the wind-tunnel effect takes over and they slam. Really, really, hard.

A little consideration goes such a long way!

Thank you for the information,. We love trying different rooms. We had an aft oceanview the last time a corner room and love the room. This time we are looking forward to be able just to step out and watch going into port. I am looking forward to my coffee out there in the morning.

We were in a 4J on the Liberty in December. We did not experience any of the door slamming other than one day at the hands of crazy kids. The room was nice, but being on lido was nicer.

As for lounging out there, at least on the lido, there is only one bench to sit on, no chairs nor loungers. It is also very windy when sailing. It probably won't be where you'll wish to drink coffee while sailing. It is a great place to escape the chaos and find a quiet view though. :) We did have a very rough sea day and the doors were locked for safety concerns.

Keep your drapes closed, as those visiting the 'secret deck' can see in your windows. We were in our cabin waiting for the kids to get ready and a teenager planted his face against our window to see in. All he saw was us waiting, but well, you may not want to experience that or get caught changing clothes.

We really enjoyed the room location, but the room had one minor issue. We had a problem with a distinct sewage smell in the bathroom of 9202. We found that if we ran the shower and water went in the floor drains the odor dissipated significantly. We just turned the shower on for a couple of minutes if we were going to be in the room for a while.

If your room steward is Puspa, you will be very pleased. She is fantastic and very friendly. She will fill your wine bucket with ice daily, no need to even ask. We simply got a bucket from the bar (the beer buckets) and put a bottle of wine in it each morning. (We had non-drinkers travelling with us carry our extra wine aboard.) Every day she filled it and if we didn't take the wine to dinner, she replaced the ice at evening turn down and we took it to the comedy club. She always greeted us by name and the others in our parties, even though they weren't staying in her assigned cabins!

Enjoy your cruise! We are experiencing the same nasty weather here in Michigan. It's crazy. It's warmer in Anchorage than here right now. Feel free to ask if you have more questions about the room or the Liberty.