Airport Charges

slhw

Just totally puzzled after our cruise on Celebration was booked. We normally fly from Manchester but, thankfully, discovered that it is £199 EACH cheaper to fly from Luton with comparable flight times. It is far cheaper for us to drive to Luton, about £50 for diesel and £25 for parking. Have looked at other holidays. Sometimes there is a small difference, other ties none at all. Totally mystified!

Sandie

often see this with manchester....probably down to availability? (demand & supply) once the aircraft is getting close to fully booked up, the prices soar whereas a less popular airport (bristol/luton etc) sometimes struggles to fill up

Tell us about it!!!

We often get stung up here.

There was a long spell when they wanted around £3000 each for Dream over Christmas, it was £1000 each less from Gatwick.

Some of the flights from Scotland are expensive too.

We had the same last year looking at Donny ,East -Mids and Manchester then I had to look twice at Stanstead which had better flight times and saved us just short of £1,000 :cool:.

So we booked that and had a night next door to the Airport in the Prem Inn . Maybe its almost 3Hrs away but for them sort of savings

I tend to bite their hand off ;):D

Edited by kalos

Tell us about it!!!

We often get stung up here.

There was a long spell when they wanted around £3000 each for Dream over Christmas, it was £1000 each less from Gatwick.

Some of the flights from Scotland are expensive too.

Just did a wee comparison on the website for our cruise on Celebration June 16th for 2 weeks flying from GLW. All are base prices with "No fuel Suppliment".

Glasgow: £1242

Edinburgh: £1285

Newcastle: £1314

Manchester: £1440

Stansted: £1206

Gatwick and Heathrow: £1539

For once it looks like Scotland has done not so badly!

We booked From Cyprus with love at the weekend:D Glasgow £810 pp Manchester £1620 pp:eek:, that's some difference and very unusual for Glasgow to be cheaper .

Hi just been looking.....can see it showing from Manchester but not from Glasgow :confused:

Sorry if I'm wrong for some reason.

Edited by barnowl1950
missing words

Not that I'm going :( but ....

From Cyprus with Love

MANCHESTER Per Person:£1620 Total Price: £3240 Online Savings :£560

or

NEWCASTLE Per Person: £ 981 Total Price: £1962 Online Savings :£818

£ 3240 -£1962 = £1278 saved :eek::D

For that sort of saving Mrs K and I would be heading up the A1 m and not giving Manchester a second thought :cool:

We booked From Cyprus with love at the weekend:D Glasgow £810 pp Manchester £1620 pp:eek:, that's some difference and very unusual for Glasgow to be cheaper .

all down to manchester being so close to liverpool, you got the same effect when the repo was to newcastle, then they had the massive supplement