Getaway B6 reviews

SissasMomE

We've done the B6 two times on the Getaway. We loved the extra balcony real estate. We had room for a large table, two chairs and a lounger.

The front of the balcony, the extra compared to the regular balconies, is exposed but there remains the same amount of deck 'hidden' below deck 10 balconies. We like that you can almost always have sun or shade.

We try to get a B6 closest to the stairs to minimize walking. If we have to walk a little farther we can justify eating more ice cream.

I hear ya! It may be a better choice for us as well. For my 2 boys, it'll be a much further walk to the aft elevators that lead into the buffet. :D

I had already made up my mind to stick with the angled balcony due to the proximity to the elevators. But, now you're really making me consider it all over again!!! lol Do you have any pics by chance? Also, which rooms did you have? Were they way forward or the furthest back? I guess everyone's interpretation of movement is different. I expect there to be some, I'm on a ship after all. However, not ever having been in anything other an a mid-ship cabin, I don't know how bad it could get. :D

Thanks,

Mimi

I did preference my comment with that a storm had just came through so the ocean was more rocky as usual. The first sea day the pool was making 2-3 foot waves and there were moments where you were walking and the ship would shift on you! On the cabin crawl walking forward you could feel the ship going up and down. By day 3 the movement had stopped.

We went on Getaway first week of February and stayed in a large balcony room. It was nice having the one lounger and two chairs on the balcony. especially since we had a couple of very windy days on the deck but the balcony was fine.

I did preference my comment with that a storm had just came through so the ocean was more rocky as usual. The first sea day the pool was making 2-3 foot waves and there were moments where you were walking and the ship would shift on you! On the cabin crawl walking forward you could feel the ship going up and down. By day 3 the movement had stopped.

Yeah see...that's a little scary for me. :eek: I noticed that you went in October which is mid-hurricane season so, storms can be really bad then. I'm hoping that the tail end of March has better weather and not as bad as what you experienced. :)

I had already made up my mind to stick with the angled balcony due to the proximity to the elevators. But, now you're really making me consider it all over again!!! lol Do you have any pics by chance? Also, which rooms did you have? Were they way forward or the furthest back? I guess everyone's interpretation of movement is different. I expect there to be some, I'm on a ship after all. However, not ever having been in anything other an a mid-ship cabin, I don't know how bad it could get. :D

Thanks,

Mimi

9726, 28, and 30.

9726, 28, and 30.

How funny, 9730 was the one I was considering. Are these rooms any bigger than the B2 category? Or do they just look bigger on the deck map because of the balcony?

Edited by ChiMimi69

Do B6 all have the same outside furniture? Table, chairs and a lounger? Or do they differ? Can you request different furniture?

From the pics I've seen, it differs from room to room. If you want to change something just ask your room steward. I'm sure your steward will comply with almost any request for furniture changes. Additionally, I believe a small tip is customary for this. :confused: CC correct me if I'm wrong. I need to know this info myself. :)

Edited by ChiMimi69

We were on the Getaway in November and had an M6 - LOVED it. We originally booked the B6 - and got upgraded at the last minute.

We're going on the GA again at the end of May - and again have the B6 booked (my BF is 6'4 - and he'd have to turn his chair if he wanted to sit out there, otherwise)....no upgrade this time.

Here is a video of the B6 on the Breakaway - and they are IDENTICAL on the GA. You can see there is enough room for a couple loungers and a small table - or 4 chairs - and they WILL bring you other furniture if what you want isn't out there when you get to your room. Yes - you will want to tip your steward for that :)

We were on the Getaway in November and had an M6 - LOVED it. We originally booked the B6 - and got upgraded at the last minute.

We're going on the GA again at the end of May - and again have the B6 booked (my BF is 6'4 - and he'd have to turn his chair if he wanted to sit out there, otherwise)....no upgrade this time.

Here is a video of the B6 on the Breakaway - and they are IDENTICAL on the GA. You can see there is enough room for a couple loungers and a small table - or 4 chairs - and they WILL bring you other furniture if what you want isn't out there when you get to your room. Yes - you will want to tip your steward for that :)

Can I ask how this happened? Phone call, email, whilst boarding? It's an option I would be interested in. :)

Can I ask how this happened? Phone call, email, whilst boarding? It's an option I would be interested in. :)

The upgrade you mean? The price of our cruise had dropped from when we booked - a couple of months before we sailed, I called (and since I had already paid in full) - and they upgraded me from a B6 large balcony to the M6mini suite with large balcony. :D

They're sold out on the cruise we're about to go on.....they have to have cabins available for the one you're giving up and the one you're being upgraded to - so they can see the price difference between when you booked and now.

Hope this helps!

Edited by wendi0731

We had 9134 last August. Awesome room. Would happily do another B6. Only issue, and it happened multiple times, was stuff coming from above. Had drink (hope it was anyway) spilled during sailaway on us. Had glass on the balcony another morning. Pelted with breadcrumbs people were tossing to tge gulls leaving St. Thomas.

subscribing to this thread:

I booked two forward B6's for GA in June. It does look like quite a walk to and from the stairs but I figured that would cut down on some hall noise and besides we will need as much walking as possible considering the 3 full meals a day. :D

I liked knowing we could retreat to our balcony should the loungers up on deck be full on a particular day. The forward location also gave me better chances of not being downwind from a smoking neighbor. (been there, done that on CCL) Now come to find out there is a no smoking policy on the Balconies. Whohoo, score for NCL.

I am glad to hear a request for different deck furniture will be granted with a gratuity of course.

The downside of the B6 forward is that the bridge hangs over above, albeit several decks up.