Food Selection for Children

MOMOFTWOSONS

Will be going on the Zuiderdam in a few weeks with my two sons, ages 5 and 9. They are both very picky eaters and eat very few things (unfortunately). For those that have been on the Zuiderdam with small children, what do they have available for children to eat (kids menu)??

Also, any other recommendations for cruising with children would be appreciated - my first time with them. :)

Much thanks!!!

PB&J, hotdog, hamburger, pizza, grilled cheese, mac&chz, spaghetti, all served in the dining room. No kid menu per se if my recall is correct.

For those who will not eat, starvation is available as an entre.

But if they spend their day eatting hamburgers, hotdogs andpPizza or dare I say, ice cream in waffle cones covered in chocolate sprinkles they will survive.;) Unlikely they will not suffer too long!:D

A few years back when we sailed on the Veendam, my younger neices and nephews chose from a children's menu in the dining room. They had mac and cheese, chicken fingers, kids comfort foods. Not sure if they still have the children's menu in the dining room or not, but I hope so, my niece is a picky eater and we're sailing in February with my entire family!!!!

HAL does have a kid's menu, at least they always did in the past.

If they have discontinued it, there are many choices for kids on board.

One of our table mates ordered from the childrens' menu last summer on the Rotterdam.

GN

On the Zuiderdam in June they did have a kids menu in the dining room.

At the bottom of the adult menu, there were options like a plain chicken breast, or a plain steak which were also available. These came with a potatoe and vegetable, so it was a big meal, but they could order just the meat, without the potatoe if they would like that.

Will be going on the Zuiderdam in a few weeks with my two sons, ages 5 and 9. They are both very picky eaters and eat very few things (unfortunately). For those that have been on the Zuiderdam with small children, what do they have available for children to eat (kids menu)??

Also, any other recommendations for cruising with children would be appreciated - my first time with them. :)

Much thanks!!!

There is a children's menu as mentioned by previous posts, but it's not an inspiring selection.

The cruise is, however, a great opportunity to introduce new dishes. Try ordering selections from the appetizer section. These dishes are very small and it's a great way to discover new tastes.

The sizes of the main dishes are rather small, as well. Many should be fine for the 9YO.

Archived