Belize info needed....

butnzb

Do you have to have a passport for Belize now? We will be sailing this Oct.

I have heard yes & no :confused: , I know one will be needed after 12/05. I need to make sure a birth cert. is enough for now. I am taking my Mom for her birthday and she doesnt have a passport. Also are there any beaches in Belize I'm not really crazy about tubing. Looking for a beautiful beach to lounge around on

all day:D .

We were there last Wednesday and birth certificate and id were all that were needed. The truth is all we needed to get back on the ship was our ship card. The only time we needed the birth certificates were to originally get on and then at the end to leave the ship. We were told to take photo ID to every port, but the only one in which we had to show it was in Cozumel.

We took the Lamanai - New River tour. I don't know of any beaches in Belize near the tender port.

We were in Belize last year and will be there again in a couple of weeks. Last time we got off the boat (not a very good pier area) and got a private excursion to Golf (sp?) Caye. It was inexpensive and really nice. Just a tiny little island in the middle of the ocean. You snorkle off the boat but they will leave folks on the island who just want to lounge around. Very primitive though but we found some great shells.

We are booked this time with Coral Breezes. We are going to Caye Caulker for the day. Just a little island with no cars - just dirt roads. There is a place you can swim called the "split" where a hurricane cut the island in two sometime in the 60's I think. I don't remember hearing anyone talking about going to a beach there. I did hear alot of folks on the boat that did the rafting trip and really enjoyed that. Last year when we snorkled the seas were rough and my husband got scratched up on the coral. I basically thought I was going to drown but it was an adventure!!!! The Belizian guys with us really knew what they were doing and took good care of us.

Thanks for the info. The first time I called RCI they told me a passport was needed (maybe they misunderstood or maybe thought of wrong date- I think they will be needed after 12/05). I have a passport but my Mom doesn't , I am taking her for her b-day, and right now I am having a hard time getting a certified copy of her birth cert. to get a passport and also I am not sure with this being her first cruise if she will cruise again (she is afraid she will get sick, she already has inner-ear problems). I hope she will be fine, she loves the Ocean and has never cruised before or been out of the country and the caribbean water is so beautiful.

I am checking into the Coral Sands Beach Resort that I heard about on another post, it sounds pretty good.

I was in Belize a couple of months ago and we used our id and birth certificate. But starting in January you will need a passport. So October you should be fine. Check out Coral Breeze for the beach trip they have an excursion to Caye Caulker where you can sit on the beach all day. My husband and I did snorkeling with them and it was a blast.

There website is www.coralbreezelimited.com.

Cruiserdebra:

Hello from the Missouri Ozarks! We are booked on Carnival and planning a coralbreezes tour to Caye Caulkner.

Did you actually stay at the Caye Caulkner beach and snorkel there? If so how was it? Or do you know of anyone who did?

We were wondering if the beach and snorkeling is good there or if you need to pay the extra for the "snorkeling excursion add-on".

A lot of people love Caye Caulker, but I was not impressed by the beach when I was there. Perhaps there is more than one beach and we were at the wrong one. I do not know. And I believe that you have to go out on a boat to snorkel from there.

YOu snorkel off a boat. YOu go to coral gardens and then to shark and stingray alley. The beach was ok. YOu can sit in the chairs along the beach after you eat lunch. The people are verynice. We walked some in the town and we were't afraid. The motels are primative. You will see people hanging their clothes outside. YOu will not be on the island very long.

Does RCCL have an excursion to Coral Breezes or Caulker Cay? I looked at the Coral Breeze web page & it looks great. I contacted them & they said they only book through cruise ships but I didn't see anything on the excursion list for RCCL Enchantment of the Seas.

We booked our tour through coralbreezelimited.com YOu go to Caye Culker but don't stay there. There are water taxis that go there and you can just go there for the day. I never saw any other group there on the island when we were there.

Archived