Freedom of the Seas questions

We are wondering which section of the Promenade staterooms on decks 8 and 9 are the quietest? Is there a better floor?

What Ocean View room numbers on decks 8 or 9 are the largest rooms?

What Ocean View room numbers on decks 8 or 9 have the floor to ceiling windows?

What would be the best the best JR Suite and why?

Can you get transportation from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral? If so what is the price?

Thanks in advance for the help! :D

We are wondering which section of the Promenade staterooms on decks 8 and 9 are the quietest? Is there a better floor?

Can you get transportation from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral? If so what is the price?

The PR cabins are on decks 6, 7 & 8. Not on Deck 9.

Deck 8 should be the quietest because it is farthest from the floor level of the Royal Promenade. Unless your window is right next to a loudspeaker. :eek:

The oceanview cabins on decks 8 & 9 that are all the way forward are larger.

I am unaware of any OV cabins on Decks 8 & 9 that have floor to ceiling windows.

To me, the best JS cabins are the ones on the aft of the ship: 1706, 1406, 7712, 7714, 7412, 7414. Other people like the JS on the "hump", right near the aft stairs/elevators.

Royal Caribbean does have a bus that picks up passengers at Orlando airport and brings them to the ship. I do not know the cost. If there are three or four in your group, it may be more cost effective to rent a car, if you can get a one-way rental without surcharge.

Hope that this helps. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

I cant answer which cabin is the quietest.

We used Travelinx. I think we got the deal through a snooze and cruise. We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard. We stayed there because we had a gift card worth $100.00 through a CC credit. We checked out with like a $9.00 bill. It was awesome.

Anyway, Travelinx picked us up at Orlando Airport and took us to the Marriott in Port Canveral. In the morning, I think we needed to be ready by about 9am and got on the bus and they took us to the port.

When we got off the ship, Travelinx was right there outside the terminal and took us back to the airport. Worked like a charm. I think we only paid for our son because the whole cruise and snooze package paid for me and DH on the GC.

As far as your cabin, I know there is so much to choose from.

We stayed in an AFT Balcony and loved it. No complaints. Some say the walk is long, but that did not bother us.

Google Snooze and cruise for Port Canveral and see who you can find for your transportation.

I will say this too. I just recalled that DH and I decided that if we did PC again, we would rent a car at the airport and drive. We could have used the car that evening to drive to the beach etc, but Travelinx was not bad. We just could not walk too far around PC

We have been on the FOS 3 times out of Port Canaveral and love the ship and the port area. We fly into Orlando and take a shuttle to Cocoa Beach. (We use ccbshuttle.com) If you mention cruise critic they give you a 10% discount, at least they used to :p. I can't remember the price but I think it was reasonable.

There is a thread started on the Promenade rooms that is fantastic.

Sticky: Here it is: FOS Promenade Stateroom Location (4th one down) that has all the rooms numbered in real pictures. We have stayed in a Promenade room on the Mariner and I wold recommend staying near the middle (the ends don't have as good of a view of parades) and not over the pub on deck 6 or 7. The Freedom is a great ship. Happy Cruising

Can you get transportation from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral? If so what is

the price?

We had a JS on Freedom last week. It was in the middle of the bump out close to the elevators. Very quiet! We never heard a thing during the day or night.

Fantastic view since you can see frontwards and backwards from your balcony and the balcony is huge! We had two recliners, two regular chairs, and a small table. It was cabin 9338. Get it if you can! You won't be sorry!