Weather in St. John & Halifax

My family is sailing next week from NYC to St. John NB and Halifax on the Carnival Triumph. Can someone tell me what the weather is like in those two ports now? We are coming from New Hampshire and it has been very hot and very humid. I'm also wondering what the temperature tends to be like on the open water this time of year. I'm going crazy trying to decide what to pack....slacks, capris, shorts, bathing suit or no bathing suit?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Lisa

It has been hot and humid here the past few days...high 20's. The weather is calling for mid 20's all week with rain on Saturday and next Monday...There is a lovely saying here though...blink and the weather can change in an instant. We can experience all 4 seasons in a 24 hour period!!!

I would definitely bring capris and shorts as well as a light weight jacket.

Hope this helps

We love the Maritimes,especially to get away from the hot (upstate) New York weather. The temps being described here are,if my conversion is right,in the upper 70'sF to around 80. The first time we spent a week in NS the weather was like that and the headlines were "Heatwave!" and they were hauling people off to the hospital. Of course,a lot of that has to do with a lack of air conditioning. Many stores we visited in July had the doors open with fans running. I guess it doesn't get hot enought long enough to make it worth putting in the a/c.

We were on the Enchantment last week to Boston, Bar Harbor and Halifax. It is quite cool on the open water, and can be cool (60F) or warm (80F) in the same day. I was fine with capri's, and a water/windproof jacket in most cases. Always bring a bathing suit, although you won't need it in port, you may wish you had it on the ship! A few shorts are a good idea as well.

Have fun!

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll stick to my original plan and bring capris and shorts as well as a light jacket and sweatshirt. I'll keep the bathing suits in the bag too. Even if its too cold to go in the pools on deck there are always the hot tubs. Its been so hot here in NH that 70 degree weather will be a welcome change.

DH and I are sailing next week on Tiumph to Halifax and St. John, NB. I'm glad for the information because friends sailed last month and said the weather was foggy and chilly the whole trip. Now I need to rethink my packing. Any chance I'll need rain gear?

I live in Halifax and as I type this it's 9:00 p.m. and the temp is 80 F. We've had temps the last week up in the 90's. Next week's forecast is in the 80's and sunshine, so bring some shorts.

Enjoy your day in Halifax!!

My family is sailing next week from NYC to St. John NB and Halifax on the Carnival Triumph. Can someone tell me what the weather is like in those two ports now? We are coming from New Hampshire and it has been very hot and very humid. I'm also wondering what the temperature tends to be like on the open water this time of year. I'm going crazy trying to decide what to pack....slacks, capris, shorts, bathing suit or no bathing suit?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Lisa

Just returned from this cruise. Weather was foggy and humid first three days out. Wore long pants, long sleeve shirt and light jacket in St Johns, In halifax it started off cool but warmed up later in day. Wore mostly shorts during the cruise but I would bring pair of light long pants and long sleeve shirt w/jacket for excursions. I never used the bathing suit as it was too cool. Maybe it will be warmer for you. Hope this helps a bit.

Archived