Carnival Victory or Ecstasy??

justusfour2014

I've been on the Ecstasy so many times, I'm pretty much bored with that ship, it's nice but the pool areas are much nicer on Victory. More hot tubs (can't even get in one on Ecstasy because of all the kids), the big screen tv to watch movies under the stars, and it's newer.

Id go with Victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were just on Victory last week (I hope to post a review soon). We haven't been on Ecstacy but we have been on other Fantasy-class ships. I liked Victory better. It's a bit larger and there's more room on deck. Our cabin was larger on Victory too - tons of room.

I'd vote for Victory.

I'll vote for Ecstasy. We've been on both and although the service and food were great on Victory, the layout is just awful. Even though more people were on Victory, it felt much more crowded just because of the layout. Versus Ecstasy, where the flow was great. We had excellent service, the beds were to die for and Carnival Waterworks will be a HUGE hit with kids! Look at pictures of Carnival Waterworks, then decide.

I've been on the Ecstasy so many times, I'm pretty much bored with that ship, it's nice but the pool areas are much nicer on Victory. More hot tubs (can't even get in one on Ecstasy because of all the kids), the big screen tv to watch movies under the stars, and it's newer.

Id go with Victory.

squakittymaus - thanks! I saw the big screen tv in a picture and thought that was way cool - kids would love that! Thanks for your input!

We were just on Victory last week (I hope to post a review soon). We haven't been on Ecstacy but we have been on other Fantasy-class ships. I liked Victory better. It's a bit larger and there's more room on deck. Our cabin was larger on Victory too - tons of room.

I'd vote for Victory.

Wow -- more votes for Victory. Thank you for your input as well -- it is greatly appreciated.

I don't even think you can compare the two, they are different classes. There are likely more things to do on Victory.

RuthlessBoss - almost scared to respond to you as I might get in trouble!LOL

I am only comparing them because they are both out of Miami, going to the exact same place.

Thank you for responding!

I Have Been on The Conquest and The Ecstasy, Many Slight Differences, The Ecstasy has the new Waterworks Feature, so That Might Be A Plus, Conquest, Larger, More Open, Large TV screen on lido deck, i think you would like the Ecstasy for your First Cruise.:)

CruisinJack2013 -- thank you too for responding! I wondered if we should keep to a smaller ship our first time out. So many I wonder's and such when trying to figure it all out.

No matter which one, it's our first cruise so I'm sure I will like it all! Thanks.

I'll vote for Ecstasy. We've been on both and although the service and food were great on Victory, the layout is just awful. Even though more people were on Victory, it felt much more crowded just because of the layout. Versus Ecstasy, where the flow was great. We had excellent service, the beds were to die for and Carnival Waterworks will be a HUGE hit with kids! Look at pictures of Carnival Waterworks, then decide.

Alliet10 -- I saw the "waterworks, upgrades" ...whatever has been done to Ecstasy. One reason why I was looking that her as opposed to an older ship with a teeny, tiny pool. Thank you for responding as well!

Victory for sure.

Fantasy class ships (like the Ecstasy) are OK if you don't have other choices, but in this case, you do! :)

I didn't mind the Victory layout. The main issue with it is that it's hard to find the Pacific Dining Room. We were in the Atlantic so it didn't bother us. :) Also, it took us a while to figure out how to get to the bow. The Serenity area blocks the bow view from the upper decks but you can get to the bow from some of the cabin decks.

The buffet layout for Victory and Fantasy-class ships are equally inefficient. I think Victory had more seating.

Alliet10 -- I saw the "waterworks, upgrades" ...whatever has been done to Ecstasy. One reason why I was looking that her as opposed to an older ship with a teeny, tiny pool. Thank you for responding as well!

I actually have to disagree with this. The waterworks on Ecstasy are not all that great. Pretty -okay- slide and then the two racing slides, but that's about it. There's only one actual pool. Victory had a second pool in the aft by the Pizza, as well as two more hot tubs. I find Ecstasy's location of Serenity nicer than Victory, but I like the hot tubs in Victory's Serenity better.

I also had the same decision to make as I'm taking my family on their first cruise. My son is 4 and my daughter is 2. I had the choice of the Imagination or the Pride. By all accounts, the Pride would be the hands down winner. The same as everyone saying the Victory is a better ship then the Ecstasy.

I choose the Imagination mainly because I didn't want my young children to be overwhelmed by the sheer size of the Pride for their first cruise. When they get older and have more cruises under their belt, I'll book a larger ship.

Good luck of your choice. You really can't go wrong on which ship you pick. :)