Transportation Options to Pier in Tahiti

Sailfish

Based on what I have been researching on how to get to the cruise port from the airport, it seems we have three options. 1) Cruise Line transfers, 2) private van with "Meet & Greet" service and 3)Taxi.

1) Cruise line transfers are pricey, but also inconvenient for us, as we (a group of 8 PAX) arrive around 6:30am and the earliest buses depart for the pier at 10:30am.

2) Hiring a private tour company that offers a "Meet & Greet" service is one option I am considering. It requires pre-payment and the understanding that the driver will be waiting for us (I hope).

3) Taking a cab to the port is the other option. The shared cost, I think, is less than the Meet & Greet service provided by the tour company. Those of you that have taken a cab to the pier from the airport, can anyone tell me if the drivers charge a per person rate or one price per cab? Do cabbies charge luggage fee?

I can get a tour company to pick us up for around $20pp. Based on what I have been reading online, there are set priced cabs that charge more and cabs that are on meters, that will end up being less, IF the driver takes a direct route - not all cabbies are honest, and according to one article I read, this type of cab could end up costing you more.

So, what is your recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Suzi

You have 8 people so you will need at least a van cab and a car cab. The van will be more because of the people count and if you have more bags than what economy allows you can be charged a small per bag charge, it's up to the driver.

Between dusk and dawn the rates are 50% more.

Figure $20-$25 for the cab and $30-$35 for the van during the day.

You have 8 people so you will need at least a van cab and a car cab. The van will be more because of the people count and if you have more bags than what economy allows you can be charged a small per bag charge, it's up to the driver.

Between dusk and dawn the rates are 50% more.

Figure $20-$25 for the cab and $30-$35 for the van during the day.

Will the price for a cab or a van be a per person price or total? And would a 7am departure from the airport be considered dawn?

Thank you.

Suzi