Canopy Tour From Montego Bay????

sunworshipper3

Does anyone have any information of a canopy tour from Montego Bay independent of the cruise ship?

We're sailing on the Conquest on March 26th, but prefer booking through an independent, rather than through the ship.

We did the zip lines in Costa Rica, and would love to do them again, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Happy cruising!

Pat :cool:

If you do a search on this forum, there will be a few threads with reviews. We went on this tour in June. You must book with the cruiseline, as they buy out all tours when they are in port. Of course, everything is subject to change, but that is the policy as of now; and, since all the tours sell out, it will probably stay that way.

Is the canopy tour good????

This tour is the best we have ever taken. It is tons of fun and very exciting and WELL worth the $$$$. Both my kids loved it and so did me and my husband! We would do it again in a second!

I found the review I posted a couple of weeks ago and here it is:

We took the Canopy Tour through Carnival on June 22 (myself, husband, sons 15 and 17). We booked on-line and it was $99 per person. This was a very stress free tour! We were told to meet in the terminal building at 10am. Shortly thereafter, a guide brought us to the vans and we were off. We had a very funny, informative driver (some other people we talked to said their driver just drove, so we were lucky). When we arrived at the tour site, we were greeted by more friendly guides......these guys love their job and it shows. They went over the safety procedures, we warmed up with a Jamaican dance and then they helped us on with our gear (harness, gloves, helmet). I was scared at the first traverse but then realized it goes by so fast, you really don't have time to think about how high you are off the ground!:) There were a few short traverses and a few long ones. I'm really glad we did this tour. After the tour, you can view your pictures and purchase a DVD of them, if you want (no pressure at all). You could pick 8 for $20 or 16 for $40, or have all of your pictures for $55...........with a family of 4, we had 45 pictures so we just took the whole lot! Of course, they aren't all that great, but most of them are and I was able to bring the DVD down to SAMs and zoom in/crop to my heart's delight! LOL We had a few minutes to buy a snack (sodas/beer/chips) before the van was ready to take us back. Unfortunately, they didn't sell t-shirts:( .

Tips: wear bug repellent (I got bit in the ankles); book in advance if you are interested. I did notice there were a couple of extra tour times when we got on the ship (that were not listed on line), but they quickly sold out, and the price on the ship was $10 more ($109).

I found the review I posted a couple of weeks ago and here it is:

We took the Canopy Tour through Carnival on June 22 (myself, husband, sons 15 and 17). We booked on-line and it was $99 per person. This was a very stress free tour! We were told to meet in the terminal building at 10am. Shortly thereafter, a guide brought us to the vans and we were off. We had a very funny, informative driver (some other people we talked to said their driver just drove, so we were lucky). When we arrived at the tour site, we were greeted by more friendly guides......these guys love their job and it shows. They went over the safety procedures, we warmed up with a Jamaican dance and then they helped us on with our gear (harness, gloves, helmet). I was scared at the first traverse but then realized it goes by so fast, you really don't have time to think about how high you are off the ground!:) There were a few short traverses and a few long ones. I'm really glad we did this tour. After the tour, you can view your pictures and purchase a DVD of them, if you want (no pressure at all). You could pick 8 for $20 or 16 for $40, or have all of your pictures for $55...........with a family of 4, we had 45 pictures so we just took the whole lot! Of course, they aren't all that great, but most of them are and I was able to bring the DVD down to SAMs and zoom in/crop to my heart's delight! LOL We had a few minutes to buy a snack (sodas/beer/chips) before the van was ready to take us back. Unfortunately, they didn't sell t-shirts:( .

Tips: wear bug repellent (I got bit in the ankles); book in advance if you are interested. I did notice there were a couple of extra tour times when we got on the ship (that were not listed on line), but they quickly sold out, and the price on the ship was $10 more ($109).

Your review was terrific!!

Did you book ahead of time with the cruiseline or through an independent?

If an independent, which company did you use, and how did you make contact to make reservations?

Thanks for your help!

Your review was terrific!!

Did you book ahead of time with the cruiseline or through an independent?

If an independent, which company did you use, and how did you make contact to make reservations?

Thanks for your help!

We booked, in advance, with Carnival. When ships are in port, they buy out all available canopy tours so you have to book with them. The name of the Canopy Tour operator in Montego Bay is Chukka Caribbean Adventures. You may try contacting them before your cruise to see if this has changed. www.chukkacaribbean.com is their website.

Archived