[B]What is the most important/helpful thing you bring on your cruise?[/B]

Alley1908

I am cruising The Magic on June 8th!! I know there are many seasoned and veteran cruiser that bring things that make cruising experience better.. These boards are pretty helpful and last year someone mentioned bringing clothes pins to hang wet swimsuits on the balcony and this was a very helpful tip...

I am cruising The Magic on June 8th!! I know there are many seasoned and veteran cruiser that bring things that make cruising experience better.. These boards are pretty helpful and last year someone mentioned bringing clothes pins to hang wet swimsuits on the balcony and this was a very helpful tip...

Most important. Passport and credit card.

One item I have been very thankful for on our cruises is our hanging organizer. We bring 2 and put one in closet, and hang one in the room on a hook on the wall. I put everything in it from our sign and sail cards (that are on lanyards) to small bills for tips. When room service comes, I just simply grap some cash from the organizer on the wall. We always take our kids, so stuff can get mixed up and misplaced easily. Also things like meds, pens, fun times, cell phone, sunscreen, sunglasses can be put there and easily found when you need them.

A really small afterthought thing someone mentioned in some random thread i read once and I threw it in by bag while I was packing was a trial size bottle of baby powder.

OMG, that is amazing for getting sand off of your feet! I wish I could thank that person.... lol

I bought an extra rechargable camera battery and memory cards ... and a little portable charger. They were lifesavers. :)

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

A really small afterthought thing someone mentioned in some random thread i read once and I threw it in by bag while I was packing was a trial size bottle of baby powder.

OMG, that is amazing for getting sand off of your feet! I wish I could thank that person.... lol

I bought an extra rechargable camera battery and memory cards ... and a little portable charger. They were lifesavers. :)

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

Baby Powder!! That's a great idea!! Its super hard getting rid of the sand after a beach outing.

two things have come in very very handy over the years

1. dry erase boards outside the cabin door, so you can leave a note for friends and family of where you went and what time you left the cabin (much easier to find each other, especially on big ships)

2. the hanging organizer: I have one that is double sided and swivels, I hang in on the inside of the bathroom door. I am telling you EVERYTHING you can possibly need or think of needing is in one of the pouches in that bag! bandaids,extra tooth paste/trial size of everything under the sun including benedryl, asprin, motion sickness pills, hair spray, lint roller, shampoo and conditioner, mouthwash, wipes, bobby pins, hair ties, safety pins, tape, rubber bands, ankle brace/elbow/wrist brace, medical needs/ointments/ powders/antacids/ mini hairbrush, combs/miniture flashlights/ .....after every cruise I restock it and if I see something in the store that I think just maybe might someday be needed .....yup I buy it and stick it in one of those pockets!!

It is the first thing that goes into my large luggage bag for every cruise or big family/friend vacation. I can't tell you how many times it has saved the day!!! It is a great thing to start with and keep adding on! Everyone says I am a nut UNTIL they forgot something or NEED something, then I am a hero LOL!!!

Edited by MuffyKismet

A battery operated candle. I put it in the bathroom, so i dont have to turn the light on in the middle of the night to find the bathroom. One small one from the dollar store works just fine.

Edited by marshhawk

One item I have been very thankful for on our cruises is our hanging organizer. We bring 2 and put one in closet, and hang one in the room on a hook on the wall. I put everything in it from our sign and sail cards (that are on lanyards) to small bills for tips. When room service comes, I just simply grap some cash from the organizer on the wall. We always take our kids, so stuff can get mixed up and misplaced easily. Also things like meds, pens, fun times, cell phone, sunscreen, sunglasses can be put there and easily found when you need them.

What type organizer do you use and what type hook? We have used the over the door shoe holder type for the bathroom door and it has worked awesomely! However, we are now taking our grandson with us on our next cruise and really need to be able to shut that bathroom door! :eek:

Edited by gamma5

I bought my organizer at Kmart. It was heavy duty and cost $20. Itwas larger than I wanted and almost brought it back. Then decided I'd cut the bottom 2 rows off- didn't do that either. I bought a package of two large magnets- I think at Michaels. Instead of using the over the door hooks I used the magnets and hung the whole thing on the wall next to the couch. Totally put of the way and lots of storage. Everytime my husband asked me for something I told him check the wall! Probably works wall for your kids too!

Edited by Smiling Cruiser