Labadee cabanas

NanaL

I think there are two Beach Cabanas. The sit right behind the walkway to goes along the back side of Nellies and leads to the OTW Cabanas and onto Columbus Cove. You get a good view of the water and the ship docked at the pier from the Beach Cabanas. There is a wall around them, so I would think that your view of the beach area would be limited. We had OTW #10 on the right hand side of the beach and had wonderful views.

I think there are two Beach Cabanas. The sit right behind the walkway to goes along the back side of Nellies and leads to the OTW Cabanas and onto Columbus Cove. You get a good view of the water and the ship docked at the pier from the Beach Cabanas. There is a wall around them, so I would think that your view of the beach area would be limited. We had OTW #10 on the right hand side of the beach and had wonderful views.

Flowers44--I have reserved a Beach Cabana for our upcoming cruise because we have young grandchildren (3 to 8 years old) and I thought they would be able to get from the beach to the cabana easier. The OTW cabanas sound so much better. Do you think the kids will be able to play on the beach and get to the OTW cabana easily or should I just stay with the Beach Cabana?

Most of the OTW cabanas are either step access or ladder access from the water side. There is no beach in front of them. They are built on rocks along the water's edge. It would be hard for the younger grandchildren to manage. #9 and #10 OTW cabanas are handicap accessible cabanas with a ramp that goes down onto the water's edge but they would be assigned to a handicap person first. I think you are better off with the beach cabanas for your grandchildren. There is a beach area inside the wall that separates the cabanas from the general beach. The walk to the water's edge from the beach cabanas is about 100 feet, I would guess. This distance differs with high tide or low tide. You would be able to watch the older grandchildren from the Beach Cabanas if you allowed them to go towards the water alone. Nellies Beach is a very slow angle into the water. It gets deeper very slowly. Great for kids to play at the water's edge. If it were me, I would stay with the Beach Cabanas.

As women, we always fret too much about everything. We always want everything perfect. Usually, things go a lot better then we expect. As I suggested, if I had grandchildren the age of yours, I think you will be very happy with the Beach Cabana that you have reserved. All of the Cabanas are alike as far as space and layout. The only difference is positioning. I know the OTW Cabanas at the far end of the line where #9 and #10 are, have ladder entry to the water and when we were there, it was high tide and stepping off the ladder, adults were almost waist deep in the water. That is not a good entry for children.

• 4 months later...

I have booked an OTW cabana at nellies for upcoming cruise. Which cabana #s have the most privacy/quiet facing away from busy beach? From what I am seeing on other posts, #3-8 seem good. Any input? experience? Seems that #1 and 2 are right by the busy beach. Am I correct? Thank you for the input.

FYI we will be 2 couples, no children.

Edited by Chooz2Cruz

I have booked an OTW cabana at nellies for upcoming cruise. Which cabana #s have the most privacy/quiet facing away from busy beach? From what I am seeing on other posts, #3-8 seem good. Any input? experience? Seems that #1 and 2 are right by the busy beach. Am I correct? Thank you for the input.

FYI we will be 2 couples, no children.

We were there last month and had #7 OTW cabana...I think the most private/quiet OTW cabanas would be #3 and #4 which are on the left if you are in the water facing the beach...You're right about #1 and #2 cabanas facing the beach with little to no privacy...we were glad not to be assigned to either of those...we had hoped to get #3 or #4 but they were all pre-assigned when we got there first thing in the morning. #7 was fine but somewhat shaded by trees. We had good access to the water with the steps and no ladder.