Splendor - Just off the ship today - Jan 28, 2014 - Review

paulypride

Loved your review & photos! We sailed on The Splendor last August & are sailing again in June. We had Malcolm Burns as our CD in August & I know a lot of people like him, but we did not. Honestly we found him to be a bit boring, not funny, & we did not see him out & about during the cruise.

You mentioned Cory Rodgers, who I see is going to be our CD on The Splendor in June. You said he was out more on the ship. How was he as a CD?

Thanks!

Dina

I had Cory in December 2012 and then again Jan 1 2013 on the Miracle when Malcolm was on vacation . . . he was terrific . . . really, really good.

I liked Malcolm in his early years but I think he is pretty much burnt out . . .

Pauly, I have a question regarding trivia. When they have it inside, does the CD or whoever is in charge of it ask questions verbally or do they also put the questions on a screen? TIA.

yeah its verbally unless your doing something like big screen trivia or logo trivia then its projected.

Pauly, thanks for your great review, you are your husband seem like a great fun-loving couple. I love that you are so supportive of each other and take each other's likes and dislikes into consideration before you make your choices of what to do.

We sailed on the Splendor during Spring Break in 2012 with our DS and girlfriend and we all had a good time. It was a little hard for me because my brother had just passed away. I spend a lot more time in my cabin then I ever have because I needed some quiet times. I would love to go back on the Splendor and get to see her in a different light. I too had no problem with her decor...but then I love dots!:D

I'll be keeping an eye out for more cruise reviews from you.

Pauly, thanks for your great review, you are your husband seem like a great fun-loving couple. I love that you are so supportive of each other and take each other's likes and dislikes into consideration before you make your choices of what to do.

We sailed on the Splendor during Spring Break in 2012 with our DS and girlfriend and we all had a good time. It was a little hard for me because my brother had just passed away. I spend a lot more time in my cabin then I ever have because I needed some quiet times. I would love to go back on the Splendor and get to see her in a different light. I too had no problem with her decor...but then I love dots!:D

I'll be keeping an eye out for more cruise reviews from you.

Thank You so much, sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I am sure it wasn't easy. You definitly should try to get back on her before they take her out of here. Looks like my next cruise is going to be a 7 night in April on the MSC Divina from Miami. I got an amazing Travel Agent rate and couldnt pass up Easter on the Seas!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...