Sad/funny Celebrity computer issue

guerchino

Went to the web-site for our upcoming cruise and noticed that here are two special occasions listed under our dining reservation. Called Celebrity to find out what they were.

We are having a wheelchair delivered to the room and have requested wheelchair assistance on embarkation. Turns out that Celebrity lists having a wheelchair as a special occasion. The sensitivity of Celebrity programmers is remarkable.

Went to the web-site for our upcoming cruise and noticed that here are two special occasions listed under our dining reservation. Called Celebrity to find out what they were.

We are having a wheelchair delivered to the room and have requested wheelchair assistance on embarkation. Turns out that Celebrity lists having a wheelchair as a special occasion. The sensitivity of Celebrity programmers is remarkable.

Given all the IT issues they've had, I'd be happy that they've at least acknowledged the request. Sensitivity training is not a requirement at Celebrity, as many different threads can attest.

Hi Guerchino,

Though we request wheelchair assistance for My Mom, and I've never noticed such requests on the website... I agree that if it's noted as a "Special Occasion" it's insensitive, and Celebrity should change the wording. With that said, it's a plus that such information is noted online. I'd rather have it noted, than not at all.

FWIW, on the paper document (Guest Booking Confirmation) it's noted as "Special Services", which would be a more appropriate way to note it online.

Andy thanks for your reply. The wheelchair request is not listed on the web sit - there is simply a non specific notation of two special events under dining. The only way i found out what this meant was to speak to one of the agents who saw the request and told me that this was what was being referenced. I have no written or online confirmation of the request to have in hand and it does not appear on my e-docs. I'm not worried about it - sure everything will be ok.

They also list having a CPAP as a special occasion LOL. We called them because we had no clue what special occasion we were celebrating.