Wine - Delivered to Suite, Question

js

Hi.

We are sailing the beginning of March on the Sky in an OS during my dd's college spring break. We will also be taking my dd's friend with us. I noticed on my reservation page, that someone has arranged that we receive a bottle of wine delievered each day of our 4 night cruise (I'm thinking it is the parents of my dd's friends and they want it to be a surprise). My question is, will we need to pay the corking fee for each bottle or is that charge "included" in the price of the wine.

Thank you.

No, the corkage only applies to wine you would carry onboard. Typically the wine will come with a souvenir corkscrew and two glasses (not souvenir). If you'd not care for the wine, say, you were sent white and prefer red, take it to the dining room and they will tell you which wines you can swap it for. Some bars may do it, but it is less hassle to go totheMDR. You can drink your wine anywhere on board. Enjoy!

No, the corkage only applies to wine you would carry onboard. Typically the wine will come with a souvenir corkscrew and two glasses (not souvenir). If you'd not care for the wine, say, you were sent white and prefer red, take it to the dining room and they will tell you which wines you can swap it for. Some bars may do it, but it is less hassle to go totheMDR. You can drink your wine anywhere on board. Enjoy!

Thank you.

I was going to pack a corkscrew but perhaps now I will not have to do so since the wine will be delivered unopened and I should be able to open when I can, correct?

Thanks so much!

Thank you.

I was going to pack a corkscrew but perhaps now I will not have to do so since the wine will be delivered unopened and I should be able to open when I can, correct?

Thanks so much!

The OS comes with a much better wine opener and a full set of wine glasses. :)

There is a corkscrew in the suite or you can take the wine with you to dinner and the wait staff will be happy to open it for you.

Either way, you don't need to carry a corkscrew with you. Any bar would open a bottle of wine for you too.

Corkage fee is to compensate NCL for lost profits. Since it was purchased onboard, you are covered.

Corkscrews readily available.

We actually have one in each of our travel bags.

You can drink wine in room, take it to dinner, or just take a glass "to go" when you are out and about.

Edited by garycarla

Thank you all SOOOO much!

This will be our first time in a suite, even though "just" on the Sky and we also booked an S4 for Breakaway in August.

Even though the Sky is small and no Haven, I have read the perks still are nice and you still get good service. Can't wait!

Thank you all SOOOO much!

This will be our first time in a suite, even though "just" on the Sky and we also booked an S4 for Breakaway in August.

Even though the Sky is small and no Haven, I have read the perks still are nice and you still get good service. Can't wait!

Looking forward to meeting you 8/10 on the Breakaway. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim