BA balcony Lido or Caribe??

suntime0202

I am in the procress of booking a Nov. cruise on CB on a BA category. can't deceide which is best. LIDO deck seems more conveint to pool, more private, because you look down on everything below. or CARIBE deck that has a bigger balcony?? any suggestions or experiences????:cool:

I am in the procress of booking a Nov. cruise on CB on a BA category. can't deceide which is best. LIDO deck seems more conveint to pool, more private, because you look down on everything below. or CARIBE deck that has a bigger balcony?? any suggestions or experiences????:cool:

suntime0202,

Welcome to Princess and the CC boards. We've sailed twice on the CB and LOVED our Caribe balcony...they're huge...9x9...half covered half exposed...we'd book it again in a heartbeat.

suntime0202,

Welcome to Princess and the CC boards. We've sailed twice on the CB and LOVED our Caribe balcony...they're huge...9x9...half covered half exposed...we'd book it again in a heartbeat.

Does exposed mean that people can see down from above? We're looking for a balcony that has no lookieloos from above. Is that Caribe? What about Baja?

John

Does exposed mean that people can see down from above? We're looking for a balcony that has no lookieloos from above. Is that Caribe? What about Baja? John

John,

Yes, if you stand out near the balcony railing people will see you from above - closer to the cabin you'll be out of view. Really, it's a great balcony. I believe Baja is covered completely.

Does exposed mean that people can see down from above? We're looking for a balcony that has no lookieloos from above. Is that Caribe? What about Baja?

John

Yes, exposed means people can see you from above. For the record, the Lido, Riviera, Aloha and Baja balconies are totally covered. They all line up in a row, none sticking out. Then comes Caribe deck which has a huge balcony, half covered (sticking out) and half exposed. Then comes Dolphin deck, the balconies on which are fully exposed.

Here's a link to some photos I took from my balcony on the Caribbean Princess from the Riviera deck. You can see how the balconies are terraced out, starting with the Caribe deck:

http://community.webshots.com/album/163544676IXfbis

To the OP, it depends on what you're looking for. The Lido deck is incredibly convenient. After all, you just walk out your door and there are the pools, the bars, the Horizon Court, the Cafe Caribe, etc. However, that Caribe deck balcony is huge.

We loved our Caribe balconies on the CB. It's half covered and very large. We had 2 lounge chairs, 1 table with 2 side chairs and a small table with room to spare. Baja balconies are covered, but are very small. Dolphin balconies are completely exposed. We did not mind being open on one half of balcony....Believe me, you will love the Caribe deck.

Archived