CB MUTS Concerns

coconutpig

We are about to book our 4th Princess cruise (first on CB) and have some concerns about the noise potential from MUTS. Our idea of relaxation is sitting by the pool with a good book. We're used to the typical cruise noise level (ie , band, pool games, etc.) - but we don't want to be in an environment with a perpetual TV (this is why we are vacationing). We have a 9 year old that will be with us - so the exclusive use of the adult pool will not always be an option for us.

We are not booking a balcony cabin this cruise so we won't have another place to escape that's outdoors.

Is there a pool on board that allows children and does not have MUTS noise and related distraction? Or will MUTS not be that pervasive.......

Thanks for your input - this is a real concern for us.

You can take the kids to the Neptunes Reef Pool area. MUTS is at the next pool down at the Calypso Reef and Pool area, as you can see from the attached deck plan of the Lido deck. The noise "spill over" is quite limited. Also, if you're looking for peace and quiet by a nice pool, adults only, head to the very back of the ship to the Terrace Pool:

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/lidoA.html

I have to agree with Monk88, the noise spill over is minimal. I just got off the CB and don't recall hearing MUTS on the same deck one pool over. I think it would be hard to read a book at the MUTS pool area, although there were people reading during MUTS. We did not take our children and found ourselves at the adults only pool a lot because the water was so cold and refreshing. That pool is shaded/covered by the Skywalkers lounge...but there are plenty of lounge chairs that sit in the sun. Just above this adult pool there was a mostly kids pool. Sorry I didn't note any of the names of these pools. You could easily sit on this deck (I think 16) and there are stairs leading down to the adult pool for you to cool off.

Archived