San Juan to Tampa

tarheelmjfan

Does anyone have any budget airline suggestions from San Juan to TPA? We would only need a one-way flight. I looked at Jet Blue, but they won't allow me to book that itinerary, even though they fly into both locations. :confused: Thanks :)

American has a couple non-stops, depending on when you plan to fly (I used Aug 12, a Friday, as the sample date on travelocity.com). It was about $300 round trip, no idea on one-way. Just try a website like that, or orbitz, and plug in your date. AA has tons of options, including changing in Miami.

Does anyone have any budget airline suggestions from San Juan to TPA?

Unfortunately, there are no "budget" (read, low-fare) airlines that serve the SJU to TPA market. (With JetBlue you would need to fly north to JFK and then south to TPA.) If your objective was to use a budget airline no matter the disutility, you could always take Spirit Airlines from SJU to Orlando and then a bus to Tampa. The out-of-pocket cost would likely be about the same as a nonstop flight on American Airlines as DanJ suggests.

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I'll check out Spirit Airlines. We could always fly out of Orlando also, & leave our van there. To save quite a bit it would be worth it. It really just depends on the savings. If we can't find a reasonable fare, we'll just stay with the cruise we have booked & cruise from San Juan later. The cruise I'm looking at is a one-way cruise from NY. We like one-way cruises, & it's on an M class ship rather than a C class, which we are currently booked on. It's good to know our options either way. I'm curious... Does anyone know why you can fly from TPA to SJU on Jet Blue, but not the reverse? I find that odd. Thanks again :)

I didn't see on their website that you could buy TPA-SJU either. They probably don't offer it since they couldn't offer a competitive fare, since you'd have to fly all the way up to New York to connect in either direction (or Dulles, when that service starts). Not to mention the 8 or 9 hours it would take.

They probably would let you buy the segments separately, but by the time you did that, even with the JB sale on right now, you'll probably be higher than the AA direct or Florida connecting flights. Maybe as they increase their fleet some more, and even with the addition of their new smaller planes, they might look at direct flights from Florida to PR.

Archived