Travel to La Paz with electric powerchair

GoneJohnson

So the cruise ships docks about 10 miles away from La Paz. From my reading there seems to be very little where we get off the cruise ship the Sapphire Princess. The shuttle apparently is not wheelchair friendly. I just found this out. I leave in a month. :eek:

Can anyone offer updated information or what other possibilities there might be at or near La Paz.

My power wheelchair will go a long long way anywhere I need. Hills are not a problem... sand and very rocky roads will get me. :D

There is nothing nearby the cruise ship terminal in La Paz. It is indeed 10 miles by shuttle to the town from the pier, and at least 3 miles to the closest swimming beach. When we were there, my mother stayed on the ship except to look at the (about 10) vendor stands at the cruise ship pier. She also used a power wheelchair. I then took the shuttle, which is an old style school bus, and not at all accessible, and she stayed on the ship.

If you take a manual folding wheelchair, and can transfer to a cab, then you could go into town that way, but you would have to pay for that yourself.

When I knew it was not tender I never looked into it further. A month out so I've started checking details and waiting. It sure won't ruin my cruise but getting off a two ports with La Paz being new sounded a little more excited. I'll make the best out of Puerto Vallarta. Loreto sounds nice or reading a fun place to walk… darn.

Thank you very much,