Questions from an X Newbie

jkrislc

I've been perusing the X forum, but haven't yet grasped all that I need to know. Thus, I'm hoping that some of you will be willing to help out.

(1) Is tea readily available for free in the dining room and buffet area? If so, is it limited to regular tie (e.g., Lipton) or do they have varieties (e.g., chamomile). We have been able to get chamomile for free on various other lines, but I haven't been able to determine this yet for X. Also, how is the regular (free) coffee in the dining room? It was possible on Carnival and Disney and HAL provided complimentary cappuccinos, which was a plus.

(2) I've gathered that we can bring on two bottles of wine (one per adult), but can soda and water be brought on? Was planning on bringing aboard a 12 pack. This is a limit on some lines and they allow up to 20 ounce bottles.

(3) Are gratuities included in the specialty restaurant fee or in the daily service fee? I've seen this debated for other lines, so there may not be a clear answer here. I'm not opposed to tipping additional and have on other lines for exceptional service, especially at chef's table type events where you practically had your own service, but want to know what is/isn't included and the suggested amount if it is not included. We're dining once at Murano if that matters in answering the question.

(4) Does priority embarkation work as it does at other ports for other lines? I presume there's a dedicated line. We'll be recognized as "Select" based on our RCI loyalty status.

(5) Kids clubs - I see that they charge for "dinner with the counselors," but I've also seen various references that it depends on when the ship is scheduled to leave port and seems to imply sometimes it's complimentary and sometimes it is not. Also, do they adjust time for early morning excursions. This is my DS's 10th cruise and he's already stated on one of our short excursions that he'd rather stay on the ship in the club than go with us--can't blame him for not wanting to go to a winery given that he's only 7.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

I can get the ball rolling on some of these--

(2) Bring aboard soda and water, no problem. I've never heard of a limit, either in quantity (most we've done is 4 12-packs) or size of bottle (never did more than 12 oz. cans myself).

(4) There are a few different priority lines-- priority for Select and above, priority for Concierge class and above, for example. Sometimes the priority lines are so busy it's faster to use the non-priority line.

I'm sure others can answer the others. Welcome to Celebrity!

1. There's an area in the buffet that has hot water and a case with various kinds of tea bags. I've never noticed the types except for Earl Gray, which is my choice.

3. Gratuities in the specialty restaurants are part of the fee to go there. They range from $5 to $45 per person.

4. Priority embarkation has become a misnomer. There are SO many people who qualify for priority that it's not really a perk anymore. Just go to the shortest line, which may or may not be priority.

1. Chamomile is readily available at the buffet and in Blu. Other varieties that I had recently include: Mango, Mango White, Raspberry. I know English Breakfast and Earl Grey are also available. I'm sure there are more, but I have to avoid black tea don't recall the rest.

Better quality tea is available from Cafe al Bacio for a charge.

2. I have never heard of a limit. More importantly, buy a case of soda or water, slap a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters with the rest of your bags. Easy peasy.

Thanks for the useful information. It's difficult to keep all of the various lines' rules straight as they range from almost no limitation (e.g., Disney) to strict limitations (e.g., Carnival and NCL).