How to keep in touch with a group on board

scoutandbunji

We are going on the Dawn with a large group. What is the best way to stay in touch with everyone? Can you get wifi on the ship to send emails to each other, or get an international text package on your phone so you can send text's.........what the best way to keep in touch?

We are going on the Dawn with a large group. What is the best way to stay in touch with everyone? Can you get wifi on the ship to send emails to each other, or get an international text package on your phone so you can send text's.........what the best way to keep in touch?

Cheapest way to keep in touch are kids style walkie talkies. Cell rates at sea are crazy. If you get them make sure they can ALL be set to the same channel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I guess it depends on how often you want to "keep in touch" with everyone.

There are phones in the cabins that messages can be left on to. There are house phones located around the ship, that you can call and leave a message on someone's cabin phone.

You can all arrange to meet up at a certain venue, at a certain time, to discuss further plans throughout the day.

Edited by che5904

I've always been surprised how often we would just "run into" our group on the ship. We never had to work to find each other. We had tried walkie talkies but found them to be a pain in the neck (gotta carry them, the range is spotty with all the metal, etc.). Just leaving notes on doors or in rooms seemed to work out the best for us

I've always been surprised how often we would just "run into" our group on the ship. We never had to work to find each other. We had tried walkie talkies but found them to be a pain in the neck (gotta carry them, the range is spotty with all the metal, etc.). Just leaving notes on doors or in rooms seemed to work out the best for us

And after the meet & greet it seems the same folks keep turning up. One that wasn't a CCer was a young newlywed couple that made a big impression on the newlywed game. He could not live that down. He was everywhere we went.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can you retrieve your cabin voicemail from a house phone or do you need to actually be in your cabin on your cabin phone??

Just wondering...

P.S. I too find it amazing with over 2000 people on the ship we seem to see the same folks everywhere we go - even when we're in port!!!!