are there ever any...

Amink

are there ever any longer cruises that leave out of NY or Philly on newer ships. we have been on Paradise and want to go on something bigger...

I have scouring the Carnival website and had no luck...

looking to sail between Nov 06 and Mar 07

are there ever any longer cruises that leave out of NY or Philly on newer ships. we have been on Paradise and want to go on something bigger...

I have scouring the Carnival website and had no luck...

looking to sail between Nov 06 and Mar 07

Sailing out of the northeast in the dead of winter? :confused: :eek:

Try NCL.

unfortunatly this is when we can take vacation time... we have to space our vacations so they don't conflict with others, and DH works for his dad, so we have to work around dads scheduling...

we are sailing from NJ in November this year, and while it may be cold the first day or so, it beats flying!

so yeah, deffinatly want to sail out of NY or Philly and we want to go back to carnival...

I live in Delaware and we find sailing out of Philly is kinda expensive verses flying to Florida for a cruise. We will problably not do it unless the price is comes down. We always cruise in October so we always get a pretty good deal on our cruises.

Michele

deffinatly want to sail out of NY or Philly and we want to go back to carnival...
Carnival repositions their NY-ported ships back to sunny FL in October, and does not return to NYC until April.

NCL Dawn sails from NYC year-round. :rolleyes:

bummer! maybe we will have to sail a little later in April...

as far as cost of flying vs leaving from NY or Philly, it isn't about cost for us, I don't like flying and I hate being ungodly uncomfortable for those 3 hours.

I'd much rather pay a higher rate, than fly.

although, I must say on this cruise we have booked now, we actually saved money. this upcoming one is 9-night out of Bayone ,and we are going for a little less than the 7-night from FL.

so does anyone know if Carnival has any cruises in Late October or Early April out of NY or Philly on a newer Carnival ship...

I cruised the LEGEND out of NYC in late Sept last Fall ( I think the 29th) and Nikoletta, the Aft Lido bartendress (see pics) said there were going to be 2 more cruises out of NYC before repositioning to Florida, so this would put you mid October. Maybe you could get away with that. ;)

Check the itineraries of the LEGEND. :)

For what it's worth, my sister, husband, her two small children and my mother are sailing on an 8-night RCL cruise out of somewhere on the east coast in November.

Of course, they booked their cruise within a week of us booking our Carnival cruise, and they're paying $1200/pp (even the kids, who are 2 and 4 respectively) for the privilege of taking this miraculous cruise to sunny Florida, and I think somewhere in the Cayman Islands, just because it leaves from there in November.

You could always try that. I'm guessing money's no object? For that much $$, you could fly to TX and join us on the Elation and still save some money. :cool:

Its not Philly and its not Carnival, but several other lines have ships scheduled to sail out of ports within driving distance for all or part of Nov '06 - Feb '07.

- NYC: The NCL Dawn, NCL Spirit and HAL Noordam

- Baltimore: The RCCL Grandeur of the Seas

- Norfolk: The HAL Maasdam

The Noordam will be a new ship and the Dawn is only 3 years old.

Its not Philly and its not Carnival, but several other lines have ships scheduled to sail out of ports within driving distance for all or part of Nov '06 - Feb '07.

- NYC: The NCL Dawn, NCL Spirit and HAL Noordam

- Baltimore: The RCCL Grandeur of the Seas

- Norfolk: The HAL Maasdam

The Noordam will be a new ship and the Dawn is only 3 years old.

The NCL Spirit will have just gotten out of a dry-dock re-fit, too. It's supposed to be spectacular. And, as far as cruising out of the Northeast during the dead of winter???? I wouldn't have it any other way. By the time you wake up the first full sea day, you're in warm air. For those of us who refuse to fly with the small members of our family, NYC is a nice alternative. There's just something about seeing Ms. Liberty all covered in snow while aboard a cruise ship!!!!

I left on of NYC, it was nice but too expensive. I wish I could leave out of Philly but it's all older and smaller ships anymore. I thought they were going to put more cruises out of Philly, but I guess not. I never left out of Bayonne we were looking at that for next year. And with that new Brooklyn terminal coming soon we will have a lot to choose from.

I *never* said Colin Veatch and his minions at NCL were the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Don't 'knock' cruising out of NYC in winter until you tried it. We sailed on the Dawn twice in Feb. First time 7 day but 2nd time 10 day E. Car.... What a great cruise for 10 days and not very expensive in the NY 'off season'.

We were chatting with one of the customs officers and he said they were all surprised how well the winter cruises out of NY are doing, they didn't think it would take off. NCL is adding another ship to the NY -year round itinerary next season. Who would've thunk-it ....

BTW, we're equal opportunity cruisers ... NCL, 'X', Carnival all out of NY and love'em all !! If RCCL could just get a better itinerary out of NJ we would try them too....

Archived