Balcony - difference between sleeps 3 or 4?

DCP

I have searched on here and on NCL, and can't find the info (and I even tried to call them to find out!) We have two balcony rooms booked on the Getaway - they're adjoining B6's. One says it will sleep 3, the other says it will sleep 4. What would the difference be? I thought they would be identical, but why would one say 3 and one say 4? (trying to figure out which room we want and which one we're putting daughter and grandson in!)

I have searched on here and on NCL, and can't find the info (and I even tried to call them to find out!) We have two balcony rooms booked on the Getaway - they're adjoining B6's. One says it will sleep 3, the other says it will sleep 4. What would the difference be? I thought they would be identical, but why would one say 3 and one say 4? (trying to figure out which room we want and which one we're putting daughter and grandson in!)

They will be the same except the "sleeps four" has a pull down bed in the ceiling.

They will be the same except the "sleeps four" has a pull down bed in the ceiling.

Exactly. And if BW is like the Epic, it will dictate that the room will have the main bed closer to the entry door than the balcony. Otherwise the pulldown bed will block entry to the room

We have the same. Since our cabin sleeps 4, and shows the bump out (where the couch is) next to the entry, I'm assuming it's a sofa bed for 2. I know our bed is near the balcony from the diagram. We'll know for sure soon!

Exactly. And if BW is like the Epic, it will dictate that the room will have the main bed closer to the entry door than the balcony. Otherwise the pulldown bed will block entry to the room

Ours sleeps 4, but the diagram is showing the bump out by the entrance. I wonder now how it will be set up.

.... if BW is like the Epic, it will dictate that the room will have the main bed closer to the entry door than the balcony. Otherwise the pulldown bed will block entry to the room

Not sure. I counter. lol. Here is a Breakaway BA cabin, midship balcony, showing bed by balcony, couch by closet, w/ ceiling pull down above, if I'm not mistaken.

Ok, guess you have to go here; https://docs.google.com/a/wisertogether.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Click on visual aid link for BA, see slide 1, 2, 4, & 5.

sdmike; Amazing what can occur when the walls don't curve isn't it. LOL. :) :p

HTH

Edited by bear3412

Evidence shows ...

Wow, that was a fast response. You can hear it, can't you, lol. :p

Sorry sdmike, I know BA. Epic had design limiting flaws IMO, NCL knew it, and corrected them in future builds. They all weren't pax issues. They were occupancy issues too. ;)

I will consult you though, when I sail Epic fwiw. That's your baby. ;)

:)

ETA; Of course now I'm looking for the opposite room config. on BA(bed by closet)with 4 pax occupancy. lol.

Edited by bear3412

We have the same. Since our cabin sleeps 4, and shows the bump out (where the couch is) next to the entry, I'm assuming it's a sofa bed for 2. I know our bed is near the balcony from the diagram. We'll know for sure soon!

On the Dawn and Jewel class ships in balcony cabins the sofa bed only holds 1 and if the cabin allows 4 passengers the 4th is a pull down bunk. In the mini suites the sofa bed holds 2. Don't know if the same holds true on the newer ships though!

Found this the other day when trying to find out where my bed was going to be in our BD balcony cabin on the Breakaway.

I did not try doing this with any other NCL ships, only Breakaway.

I went to NCL.co.uk and did a fake booking. Selected my cabin and clicked "Expand Stateroom Details". It gives you everything about your cabin, (sq. footage, amenities, convertible single sofa bed, etc, etc) including bed placement.

It will also tell you if you have the Pullman Bed or the Sofa Bed only.

Doesn't really matter to me where the bed is. Heck, as long as I'm aboard the Breakaway, who cares????

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by meatball_nyc

Wow, that was a fast response. You can hear it, can't you, lol. :p

Sorry sdmike, I know BA. Epic had design limiting flaws IMO, NCL knew it, and corrected them in future builds. They all weren't pax issues. They were occupancy issues too. ;)

I will consult you though, when I sail Epic fwiw. That's your baby. ;)

:)

ETA; Of course now I'm looking for the opposite room config. on BA(bed by closet)with 4 pax occupancy. lol.

Since you're the BA expert. What's going on in those rooms that look like the widest spot is in the middle of the room. Epic only had two orientations. I thought BA was the same. Is that just how the deck plans look, and in actuality those are "bed by the balcony" rooms?

....I went to NCL.co.uk and did a fake booking. Selected my cabin and clicked "Expand Stateroom Details". It gives you everything about your cabin, (sq. footage, amenities, convertible single sofa bed, etc, etc) including bed placement.

It will also tell you if you have the Pullman Bed or the Sofa Bed only......

Yes, UK site can be more informative. And thanks for reminding us.

I haven't checked lately, but what's interesting, or not, is their #'s vary from NCL US site regarding specifics often. I will say prior to BA launch, UK NCL was more accurate. Go figure. I'll give credit where due. :D

I suppose we expect this, given our experience with NCL's IT Team, but geez. :rolleyes: Is it really that difficult. I feel and hope they have assimilated the actual sqft parameters at this point on each side of the pond, although I haven't checked. But it could only be improved, and more in consistent, regardless of which pond side you're on. :rolleyes:

..... What's going on in those rooms that look like the widest spot is in the middle of the room. Epic only had two orientations. I thought BA was the same. Is that just how the deck plans look, and in actuality those are "bed by the balcony" rooms?

My bad, if I implied I was the ultimate authority on the BA Class. Hardly.

I know enough to be dangerous. :cool: :o

You are correct sdmike. It's the same regarding Epic and BA bed placements.

If I understand your question correctly. The widest spot in the rooms according to the deckplans apply the same to the Epic and BA Class, regarding rooms/bed locale.

IOW, the widest part of the room will have the main bed, same as Epic.

That varies also on BA Class, from near closet (meaning bed is in middle of room), or bed is by balcony (creating a more open feel/layout in most sailors opinion). As with Epic, this can be seen on deck plans for BA too in 95% of cabins.

I will say, with your PP post, I feel we may have verified, 4 occupancy regular balcony cabins have the bed by balcony, IMO. I looked and haven't found otherwise fwiw. IOW, no 4 pax occupancy cabins with bed by closet.

FWIW you can see on slide # 6 under the MA link on the spreadsheet, the deckplans show the alternating / undulating / varying walls between cabins similar to Epic with dots for bed placement, to assist all in understanding the two positions available.

That ultimately, as you of course you know, allows for bed placement / position.

I hope that helps. And feel free to inquire more if it does, or doesn't . :)

You know all this, you're testing me aren't you. :D LOL.

:cool:

Edited by bear3412