Bermuda in Nov?!?!?

lisap71

Hello all. Very excited for my first cruise EVER and going to Bermuda!!!

Anyone ever been in nov? We are going on Norwegian Dawn from Boston Oct 31-Nov7. I heard a lot of stuff is closed down by then. Any one ever travel there during this time???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were there last November on the Crown Princess and I never noticed much that was closed. Weather was good and the bars in the port were all open as was the souvenir shops and historical sites. A word of warning though its an expensive island , but on the upside it accepts US dollars as an interchangeable currency and if you decide to catch a bus to visit Hamilton, allow yourself an hour each way. They also pack people on these buses like sardines at busy periods and if you're timing is out, you could find yourself standing all the way to Hamilton. The alternative though is to catch a boat from the port to Hamilton, which is more expensive, but if the times suit, is a much quicker journey. However you see more of the island by using the bus, should you not be doing a tour. Enjoy your stay there and look out for the locals wearing Bermuda shorts.

Nothing will be closed in November other than some summer water and beach-related things. There won't be lifeguards on duty at beaches that have them in the summer and beach concession stands won't be open, but that's about it as far as closures are concerned. Some snorkel, scuba or other water-related activities may not operate...you'll have to check with the individual operators to see how late in the year they run their activities.

Contrary to what was stated in an earlier post, the cost of a ferry ride between Dockyard and Hamilton is exactly the same as the cost of a bus ride between the two points. ..a single ride token is $4. Or you can buy an unlimited use transportation pass or book of transportation tickets if you're going to make frequent use of the buses or ferries.

Edited by njhorseman

DD and I did this cruise two years ago out of NY City on the Gem. It was great. We enjoyed temps in the high 70's and low 80's and loved swimming in the ocean. No humidity that time of year is a bonus. Check out the transportation pass. It is a pretty good deal and so easy to use. They have two days passes but you must use them on two consecutive days. You can not use them on your first day and third day. Keep that in mind when planning your days.