Buying Liquor

bobnfl

We are going on a cruise that will stop in Grand Cayman and I always have been told that is the place to buy liquor. Can anyone tell me where the best prices are in port. I know you can get good prices on board but I keep hearing that the prices are better in Grand Cayman.

Thanks for any info

I know the liquor was cheaper for us in Cozumel than it was in Grand Caymen if you are going there also. Something a learned a few cruises back and have taken advantage of is to take a picture of what you want to purchase in port with the price and Carnival will match it.

Really in all of our ports (we've done both eastern and western Caribbean.) I've never noticed any real price difference of liquor onboard or in ports... Noting were not big liquor purchasers, I usually notice the price of Sherridans because it's the one thing we can't get at home. There are different sizes of bottles sometimes, so that is something to consider. When we were on the eastern Caribbean I was able to purchase a bottle of Sherridans for 1/2 of the two bottle price onboard. (Onboard you only get the lower price if you buy 2 bottles). Other than that, it usually within pennies. The port stores are well aware of what the prices are onboard, they want to get as much as they can out of their stuff too, so there's no incentive to drastically undercut the ship.

One possibility is that you might be able to get things in grand cayman that isn't available elsewhere in a wide variety. We visited the Tortuga factory and they had tons more flavors of rum that I've never seen elsewhere. (As well as coffee syrup flavors that I've been unable to find...)

I know the liquor was cheaper for us in Cozumel than it was in Grand Caymen if you are going there also. Something a learned a few cruises back and have taken advantage of is to take a picture of what you want to purchase in port with the price and Carnival will match it.

I didn't realize this. So you just take a photo of the sign with type and price and they will match on ship????

Wonder if they do this with cigarettes too?

I didn't realize this. So you just take a photo of the sign with type and price and they will match on ship????

Wonder if they do this with cigarettes too?

Far as I know, they will price match anything as long as it's an identical item. Now, we are not smokers-so not positive on the cigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI..... if you purchase at a duty free store on any island, THEY (usually) will take it to the ship for you and you will not see it until the end of your cruise....

If you buy anywhere else and can smuggle it on.... you will have it for your cruise....unless of course they find it and hold it for you...:(

3 years ago we were in grand cayman and I bought eligah craig from a little liquor store not far from the ship and paid less than half what I pay for it in florida. The ships do not carry it. they only carry the big brand whiskeys and bourbons. in Cozumel my buudy bought me a bottle for $13, half price. so you see why I am looking for the best place to buy off ship.

Thanks