John Watlings Rum Tour

big bro

Has anyone been to the John Watlings Rum Distillery? I collect rum and will be in Nassau on the Oasis in a couple of weeks. Is it safe or close enough to walk to or should we cab it?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

It's about 10-15 minute walk up hill. Take a taxi and go to candy factory and walk to Watlings and back to Sr Frogs the whole thing takes 2 hours if you walk slow

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly what we did in October. Took a taxi from the pier up the hill to John Watling's Rum Distillery and toured around (it's a self-guided tour) and then hung out a while. It's quite beautiful and you can have a drink at their bar or take it outside to the patio area to enjoy. Very strong rum drinks. We then walked over to Graycliff and got a piece of chocolate and then had some lunch there. That property is amazing. We then walked back down to Bay Street and went to some of the shops.

So.....if we decided to walk to the distillery, how do we get there from the port? Is the uphill climb really difficult? Is Graycliff close enough that I could see it or do I need directions there as well?

I've been to Nassau twice before but always took an excursion. This time I want to enjoy myself without breaking the bank!!

Edited by NayRN
Autocorrect...darn it!

So.....if we decided to walk to the distillery, how do we get there from the port? Is the uphill climb really difficult? Is Graycliff close enough that I could see it or do I need directions there as well?

The distillery's website has a map with walking directions from port. The map shows Graycliff's location as well. http://www.johnwatlings.com/

Uphill was not difficult for us but it could be for some. Hills can be a problem for people with knee issues and such.

We did Graycliff first and then the distillery. That worked out better for us because after a mojito at the bar, I was done "touring". :) Also, we wanted to buy some of the rum to take home and didn't want to have to lug it around town with us.

I posted some pictures of Graycliff and John Watling's in my Enchantment of the Seas review. Here is a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920685&page=2 The pictures are in posts 24-26.

The distillery's website has a map with walking directions from port. The map shows Graycliff's location as well. http://www.johnwatlings.com/

Uphill was not difficult for us but it could be for some. Hills can be a problem for people with knee issues and such.

We did Graycliff first and then the distillery. That worked out better for us because after a mojito at the bar, I was done "touring". :) Also, we wanted to buy some of the rum to take home and didn't want to have to lug it around town with us.

I posted some pictures of Graycliff and John Watling's in my Enchantment of the Seas review. Here is a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920685&page=2 The pictures are in posts 24-26.

Thank you! This is most helpful!!!:cool: