Any plans for iconcierge fleet wide ?

sebas030

I really enjoyed my iconcierge app on my recent Breakaway cruise and I am wondering if Ncl has any plans to bring it to all ships ?

I'll be sailing on the Dawn in October and I wish this app would be available.

Thank you all,

I specifically asked that question of the Hotel Director on my Jewel cruise a little over a year ago and was told that it was unlikely that iConcierge would be made available on any ships other than the new-builds (Epic, Breakaway and Getaway). Of course, that could always change.

I remember reading something about possible expansion right after Epic came out and iConcierge was launched but nothing in couple of years since then. Maybe if they do major overhauls they could add more base stations but I doubt it too.

Also, I just realized that adding iConcierge to older ships would mean that the ship's existing computer and passenger information systems would need really heavy upgrades too. I don't think that it would be a cost that they could ever get back from the usage fees - that is unless they need to upgrade the 7+ years old computer systems anyway.

Edited by Demonyte