What is there to do at Princess Cays???

vmom

We were in Princess Cays March, 2005 (Easter/Spring Break) and had a good time. If you have kids I would seriously think if you want to take the kids to the kids area or just keep them with you for a fun family day. We went to the area and found no shade with a large plastic play structure for them to play on. May have been fun but when we saw it we pictured how hot it would be or how fun it would really be trying to slide down that hot slide. If you want to snorkel for a while it would be ok but I would not leave my kids for all day.

Also, as far as hair braiding is concerned, we thought about getting our girls hair braided and decided to do this at the end of the cruise instead of the beginning. Then the braiding would last longer at home since it only lasts for approx. 3 weeks. Why have it braided for the trip, come home and a week later take it out. Also, Princess Cays does it but quite costly. We found Cozumel was the cheapest by far of all the islands we have visited. We are heading back to Princess Cays on the next cruise, and I think we may take the advice of the earliest poster who decided to take advantage of an empty ship. It was fun though...great way to enjoy the beach without the usual locals hasseling you every 5 minutes to braid your hair, buy their wears, etc. If you have never been, take advantage of a wonderful Caribbean beach with no hassels.

When we've been to Princess Cays, it took at least an hour and a half to get there from the time we picked up our tender tickets just after 9AM, there was absolutely no shade or loungers available by the time we got there, and the beach and water was wall-to-wall people.

What's the earliest you can get a tender ticket and when does the first tender leave?

Archived