Copenhagen Marriott

I just made my first bid ever on Priceline - trying to get the Copenhagen Marriott. I checked the "going prices" on Biddingfortravel & it seemed $93 to $95 was the most popular. I bid $95 & it was rejected. Any suggestions on what I should do after the 72 hour wait? I can't change the dates, area or # of stars. How high should I go on price?

:confused: :confused:

Thanks for any help .....

I just made my first bid ever on Priceline - trying to get the Copenhagen Marriott. I checked the "going prices" on Biddingfortravel & it seemed $93 to $95 was the most popular. I bid $95 & it was rejected. Any suggestions on what I should do after the 72 hour wait? I can't change the dates, area or # of stars. How high should I go on price?

:confused: :confused:

Thanks for any help .....

You might also want to post your question on http://www.biddingfortravel.com They might help and give you an answer. The rates you mentioned do, as you stated, seem to be the "Priceline" rate. I don't think I'd bid more than $110. It's only a guess, but if you can't get the hotel for this, or the lower rates, then my guess is that the hotel is not available on Priceline for those dates. If you have time before you travel, keep bidding at $93. Good luck.

I've still got 11 months to go - so I'll keep trying every week or so.

Thanks!

In that case, it may be that it's just too far out. However, I placed my bid and was awarded the Marriott 7 months in advance. So, just keep trying at the $93 rate. Good Luck.

I placed my bid only about a month before my stay. Since most people were getting it for $95 a night and I didn't want to mess with rebidding (too busy with other trip preparations), I bid $95 instead of $93 the first bid and got it. Remember there are taxes and service fees added, so you end up paying more. For three nights (July 14-16), my total cost was $364.72 ($121.57/night). Also note that if you book it through Priceline, you don't get a free buffet breakfast like you do if you book the room conventionally.

Checking the Marriott website & Expedia & the like - all are saying no rooms available for 1 night on 6/13/06. Looked for several other similar hotels & they are all saying the same thing. Is the only way to get a pre-cruise stay to go through Princess?

At this point, I'm more concerned about a room as opposed to the price ...

Thanks for any insight ...

Guest caribcruzin

TO sammyjo882

Hi...I think we might be on the same cruise. We, too,are looking to bid on Priceline. Would love to be in touch throughout the year. Maybe we should start an roll call.

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: I have never used Priceline for hotels and was wondering how you were able to specify the Marriott. When I looked at the Priceline website and you wanted to bid for a hotel it appeared that you placed a bid and then the hotel was assigned and you were stuck with whatever came up. How do you know that you are bidding on a specific hotel? I too am going out of Copenhagen and would like to stay at the Marriott. I would appreciate any information

however, in CPH, the Marriott is the ONLY 4-Star on Priceline.
Incorrect. You forgot about the Le Meridien Palace Hotel. It's also a 4 star. So if you bid 4 star in Copenhagen, you could end up with either the Le Meridien Palace or the Marriott. However if you check the postings in BiddingForTravel, it seems most people lately have been ending up with the Marriott. But there's no way to know for sure what hotel you will get.

Like Crown Prince said:

Read everything on www.biddingfortravel.com It will teach you.
It's an excellent resource!

:cool: I just checked the Priceline website and there are now 5-6 hotels depending on the dates that were entered that have been rated as 4 star. So I understand that if a winning bid is placed it could be any of the 5-6 hotels. The other hotels are Palace Hotel, Hotel Kong Fredrick, Sofitel Copenhagen, Hellerup Parkhotel. Does anyone know anything about these hotels. I see that different 4* hotels are listed under different dates. To be successful I think that I have to see what is coming up on the Priceline regular rates and then monitor the Bidding for Travel website to see what is being booked. Is this the appropriate strategy for Priceline. Also is there a place that I can check to see what the star rating is for all the hotels rated for Priceline in different cities. Thank you for the help.

Archived