Boston cruise terminal parking

sebas030

Good evening all,

What's the plan there in Boston ? I will be parking my car a the terminal for our next cruise. In NYC I always go directly to the rooftop parking and carry my own luggage to the elevator and down to the porters. I do so to avoid dropping the luggage on the first floor and go out to the street into traffic and back up again to second level to park...I save about 30 to 40 minutes by doing so.

How does it go in Boston ? I saw the parking is not in the same building as the terminal, so do I HAVE to drop the luggage and circle around to the parking and then walk to the terminal ?

I don't mind walking a little bit with the luggage...not 1 mile but a little bit.

The idea is to save time and not waist it in traffic if I don't have to.

Thank you all in advance !

There is about one city block between the parking ramp and the terminal. When we sailed from there last summer, we dropped out luggage off at the terminal and then parked out vehicle and walked back. When we left after the cruise, we took our bags with us off the ship and walked with the bags back to the parking ramp. Either way worked just fine. Getting to into the parking ramp is a bit of a slow process since you have to go all the way up to the top floor so you have to go around and around several times. The passengers from the prior sailing are coming back to get there cars and the new passengers are coming in so the elevators are really busy at the parking ramp. We carried our bags up the stairs instead of waiting for the elevators. I can't remember how many floors there were but it wasn't too bad. They give you a parking ticket when you arrive and you pay for the parking with either cash or credit card when you exit. That process went really smooth.

I always drop off the luggage and wife at the pier and drive around the corner to the garage and walk back. Walk is 5 minutes. On return, gather luggage and wife, leave them at the baggage pickup and walk to to the car, drive back around and pick them up. quick and easy