Conceriege (sp?) Class Questions

TeachKinde

We booked CC class on our April cruise. It was awesome.

The cabin stewarts are more visible to your needs. We probably saw our person at least 4-5 times a day.

Nicer towels, nicer bedding, choices of pillows. Canapes every evening.

Nice showerhead. Earlier on the ship, earlier off the ship.

Fresh flowers, champagne, fresh fruit. Room service menu is different.

If you have a balcony room you have cushions on your chairs instead of just the plain seats.

It's definitely the way to go.

I enjoyed the little perks. Would definitely recommend it and go CC all the time.

Enjoy your cruise.

We booked CC class on our April cruise. It was awesome.
Hey there, Loanlady! Glad you enjoyed it. Our roll call got a little quiet after everyone returned. Never did figure out where to send pictures.
Nicer towels, nicer bedding, choices of pillows.
Did you get the "pillow top" mattress? We didn't, but didn't miss it, either. I've heard from a number of people on the boards here that this can be a bit hit or miss.

To the original poster --

You don't mention which ship you're on, but on the Millennium Class ships (e.g., Millennium, Summit, Infinity, Constellation) the difference in price also gets you a larger cabin, adding some value along with the perks. On the C-Class ships, this is NOT the case.

Just booked a last minute cruise. We have a conceriege class cabin. What does that mean? I know we get a few "perks" but what do you all know that I SHOULD know?

Thanks!

Bev

You had to ask!! :D

Here's some of my thoughts on concierge(?) class from January on Century.

CONCIERGE CLASS – What’s it like?

AT LAST – my first complaint. I was looking forward to my ‘Concierge priority tender” treatment, anticipating a much more elegant tendering experience – no more ordinary “butt-cheek to butt-cheek” tendering for me! I looked forward to a sophisticated Concierge-class derriere-cheek-to-derriere-cheek tendering. What in fact happened was that we took our Concierge priority tender derrieres down to the regular butt-cheek assembly area in the theater and were just bumped ahead of all the regular butt-cheeks to the next tender. So, hopes shattered, ego deflated, my concierge class derriere ended up smooshed against the regular butt-cheeks on the tender. An obvious solution would be to rename concierge class to ‘derriere class’ to distinguish the sophisticates. In fact, a ‘derriere class’ passenger should be able to jump any waiting line on the ship by striding to the front, declaring, “I’m a derriere!”

Hey Canderson- We really did enjoy it alot. We booked the Constellation again for March 06. We were going to try a different Celebrity ship, but we really liked the itinerary for this ship. I kept checking our roll call after the cruise, and you're right everyone kind of just disappeared.

You have any cruises planned?

If you have pics i'll take them. aloanldy@tampabay.rr.com

teachkinde - I hope you get all your questions answered.

About those extra items.... You forgot to mention the fluffier bathrobes and nice binocs, as well as personalized stationary and complimentary beach bags. CC is definately the way to go... We had fresh flowers in the bathroom and main cabin, changed almost daily. Also, some special toiletries that the other class cabins did not have. The room service menu is definately better than other classes, including the suites! We also had tea served in our cabin daily on the Galaxy, although not the Infinity or Mercury. Have fun.....

The cabin stewarts are more visible to your needs. We probably saw our person at least 4-5 times a day.
My 92 year old grandmother will be sailing with us in December in a CC cabin. If she is not feeling "up" to leaving the cabin one day, do you think the cabin steward would mind her reading out on the balcony while they did their "thing" to make up the cabin? She did this last year and again this spring on HAL and it worked extremely well.

There should be no problem asking the steward to allow your grandmother to use the balcony while the cabin is being made up.

Just make sure that they do not lock her out there!!!!! (That has happened from what our steward told us last year.)

I've always stuck my head out into the hall,and let the steward know he's welcome to clean at his convenience, and we'll be out on the verandah. Never a problem. They are glad to know when they can get in and make up a room, as they don't get time off until the cabins are done.

I still can't figure out why X would make the CC BETTER than suites...it just doesn't make sense to me....

Archived