Radiance of the Seas-cabin 1060 or 1556?

Hi Donna, we have had 1060, 1556 and 1554 (1554 quite a few times and 1060 booked for next Christmas/NYE). Which would I pick? Well, 1060 has a huge balcony but not so much privacy (which doesn't bother me much). 1556 has a great size balcony and total privacy. I love the open feeling of both 1554 and 1556 because the doors open right back whereas they don't in 1060. Here are some photos. I have only given photos of 1060's cabin because the actual cabins are the same, it's the balconies that are different:

Cabin from the balcony (this is actually 1060)

3477h5j.jpg

Bedroom:

osd56p.jpg

Balcony - 1060:

5nufxg.jpg

Balcony - 1556 (actually I think this is 1554 - both the essentially the same - 1554 is slightly wider)

295uzko.jpg

Hope they help - which one would I pick - I have to say, we love 1554 but all three are great, none have any noise issues and all are very handy.

I am limited to how many photos I can put in a post so I will put a shot of the bathroom in the next post.l

Cheers

Di

Hi Donna, this is the bathroom:

Bathroom (both the same - shower over bath, no bidet:eek:) Sorry, my husband's reflection is in the mirror - he is fossicking in the fridge - he must think there's some beer in there:D

4rqghx.jpg

Hi Donna, we have had 1060, 1556 and 1554 (1554 quite a few times and 1060 booked for next Christmas/NYE). Which would I pick? Well, 1060 has a huge balcony but not so much privacy (which doesn't bother me much). 1556 has a great size balcony and total privacy. I love the open feeling of both 1554 and 1556 because the doors open right back whereas they don't in 1060. Here are some photos. I have only given photos of 1060's cabin because the actual cabins are the same, it's the balconies that are different:

Cabin from the balcony (this is actually 1060)

3477h5j.jpg

Bedroom:

osd56p.jpg

Balcony - 1060:

5nufxg.jpg

Balcony - 1556 (actually I think this is 1554 - both the essentially the same - 1554 is slightly wider)

295uzko.jpg

Hope they help - which one would I pick - I have to say, we love 1554 but all three are great, none have any noise issues and all are very handy.

I am limited to how many photos I can put in a post so I will put a shot of the bathroom in the next post.l

Cheers

Di

Di you are the best!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post these photos...I now see what you mean by both doors opening I love that. The balcony in 1060 is great too...oh what a nice decision to have to make! Thanks again. Donna

Hi Donna, you're welcome!

I think if you have kids, you would be better with 1060 because of the size of the balcony and they're out the door and up the stairs to Windjammers:).

Cheers

Di

Well I ended up going with 1556 being closer to the centre hump and that gorgeous view from the lounge room won me over! When I went to pay my deposit the price came down by another $1500 (on top of discount that was already applied). Not sure what happened there but got the GS for a great price! Took a printout just in case! My kids are 15 & 18 so they have an inside room because they party all night and sleep till after lunch....so anything different would be a waste of money :D Thanks again for your awesome photos. Donna

Pleasure Donna! Which cruise?

We have just cancelled one on the Radiance in December because we prefer one on the Rhapsody. Managed to snag the RS as well:)

Cheers

Di

Radiance 4th January...still pretty good pricing on this one. The xmas/Nye cruises are outrageous pricing now...pays to get in early.

I snuck into the RS on Rhapsody to have a look at the end of our cruise once...very nice! Could have a lot of fun in there. Enjoy Di.

Radiance 4th January...still pretty good pricing on this one. The xmas/Nye cruises are outrageous pricing now...pays to get in early.

I snuck into the RS on Rhapsody to have a look at the end of our cruise once...very nice! Could have a lot of fun in there. Enjoy Di.

We have CC friends on the 4th January cruise (they are staying on from the Christmas/NYE cruise). We would have but we have friends arriving from overseas on the 6th.

You are right about the pricing for the Christmas/NYE cruise now - just crazy but they managed to sell out all the suites. I booked it months ago so the price was steep but what I expected to pay for the time but now it is ridiculous.

I hope you enjoy 1556 - just remember to push the curtains all the way back to the walls and slide open up those doors - it's wow:) I'll go in just before we disembark and leave you something:)

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi

We have CC friends on the 4th January cruise (they are staying on from the Christmas/NYE cruise). We would have but we have friends arriving from overseas on the 6th.

You are right about the pricing for the Christmas/NYE cruise now - just crazy but they managed to sell out all the suites. I booked it months ago so the price was steep but what I expected to pay for the time but now it is ridiculous.

I hope you enjoy 1556 - just remember to push the curtains all the way back to the walls and slide open up those doors - it's wow:) I'll go in just before we disembark and leave you something:)

Cheers

Di

Sounds good....I'll look forward to that:D

Aussielozzie18...I got upgraded on my first ever cruise on Rhapsody to a Grand Suite and now can't go back...someone at RCI definitely knew what they were doing! Donna

Hi Ladies,

I am officially jealous. Wow! if I had one of those I don't think I would bother leaving the cabin. Sure beats my shoebox of an inside cabin which I actually loved until I saw these photos.

Join us - we have great sailaway parties and just parties generally:D

Cheers

Di

So annoyed! Just checked the prices on the rooms next door to us for my daughter and the prices have gone up! I thought we had until 28 February to get the sale price? It seems about $700 dearer per cabin. I really want her in the same deck as us, and preferably not too far away.

Now I am faced with a dilemma....:mad:

A

So annoyed! Just checked the prices on the rooms next door to us for my daughter and the prices have gone up! I thought we had until 28 February to get the sale price? It seems about $700 dearer per cabin. I really want her in the same deck as us, and preferably not too far away.

Now I am faced with a dilemma....:mad:

A

The prices have risen again. I booked a Grand Suite on Rhapsody in January which is now $700 pp dearer than when I booked it.