Share Your Carnival Ship Dry-Dock Wishes and Speculation! What do you want to see?

thecruiserofships

I love these drydock threads. If you follow them from beginning to end, you see them start out with wild speculation and bold predictions, and usually end with chest thumping victory, or tail tucking disappointment. Great entertainment. :D

For the Pride, I'm hoping that they update the cabins with the blue colour scheme. Not a big fan of orange but I love the newer Carnival beds and bedding (had them on the Dream in 2011 & 2012 and they were fantastic - better than the beds on the Miracle).

I'm happy to see the annoucement of the Red Frog Pub, Guys, Blue Iguana Cantina, etc for the Pride.

I also hope that they add automatic door openers (especially for the public decks), not only would it be great to not have to touch door handles but with my mom in a wheelchair, it's much more convenient.

If I had to put a big wish out there, it would be for a couple more of the wheelchair accessible, companion washrooms on the ship (they are marked with a "U" on the map).

We're on the Freedom after dry dock - I'm hoping for a Guy's and Blue Iguana on Lido, and a redone pool on Lido midship (like on the Liberty with the relocated hot tubs). But most of all, I'm hoping for an alchemy bar!

What I am NOT hoping for is the removal of the aft pool. I love the aft pool!

^^ This. (And keep the Mongolian Wok also, please.)

The aft pool should not go away -- it hasn't on the other Funship 2.0 upgrades -- but I'm hoping it's adults-only like on Liberty...or stays that way if it already is.

I also hope that they add automatic door openers (especially for the public decks), not only would it be great to not have to touch door handles but with my mom in a wheelchair, it's much more convenient.

If I had to put a big wish out there, it would be for a couple more of the wheelchair accessible, companion washrooms on the ship (they are marked with a "U" on the map).

These are great ideas. I remember that even on one of RCCL's oldest ships, Majesty of the Seas, the Lido Deck doorways were all powered sliding doors...and the handicapped room we booked was an excellent accessible room. (They only had a few of them, though.)