Quick Review of Liberty, Jan 18

jules71

Booked this cruise right after Christmas. This was my 11th cruise on RCI--the first on Liberty. Just my DH and I, we had a D2 balcony: 6670. There was plenty of room for the two of us and I like being on deck 6--makes the Promenade and dining much more accessible. We had an amazing cabin attendant, Romel, who took very good care of us.

Drove to the port and dropped off our luggage, then parked our car at Park n Go. Great service and price there. We took the shuttle back to the terminal and got in line around 10:45. We were checked in immediately and got our Sea Pass cards. We had sat down for about 2 minutes when they called us to get on the ship.

Went to the Windjammer for lunch. Had to try the Honey Stung chicken for the first time since it is talked about so much on these boards! It was good. We were some of the first on so it wasn't crowded yet. Explored the ship for a while --we were surprised when our cabin was ready around 12:30pm.

This was our first cruise as Diamond and we really enjoyed all the little perks that come with it. Appreciated the juice and cookies that were in the room, plate of goodies later in the week, and of course, The Diamond Lounge was awesome. Met some great people there. Loved hearing about all the cruises they have been on. And our Diamond waiter, David Livingston, was a sweetheart.

The past few cruises I have not been too happy with the food, but thought the MDR on Liberty was really good. All of my entrees but one were excellent. The exception, a fried seafood entree was okay, nothing special. I tend to order the seafood entrees, i.e., the crab was great, the lobster excellent, and shrimp ravioli was very good as well. And the warm chocolate cake is back! Loved it.The staff that served us, Samiran, and Clarence were excellent as well.

We went to the MDR a couple of mornings for breakfast, ate pizza at Sorrentos, sandwiches and salad at the Promenade Cafe. Liked having coffee here in the morning.

There are some very talented performers on the Liberty--much more so than on the Independence. Loved the Up in the Air show--the male lead was mesmerizing. The Motown show was awesome as well. Saturday Night Fever was good, a little too long, but the performances were top notch.

As to activities on the ship: Took the salsa lessons! Checked out the flow riders. Laid in the sun and watched the ocean. Piano bar was fun.And the Pub looked fun--just never got a chance to go in.

In Belize, we did the Altun Ha and river cruise through the ship. Tour guides were very knowledgable. Tour was very interesting--nice to see a bit of the country and learn a little about it. In Cozumel we went to the Money Bar to snorkel on the advice of posters on the port boards. We had a very enjoyable day.

I had heard that the Liberty had a good vibe because of a great captain. (Captain Kristofferson) We found that to be true. All in all, a great cruise.

Happy to answer any questions.