Small/Significant organ. Savings rate ???

katie286

Has anyone used this rate on the Smarttravel.com website? Did you have any problems checking in using it? :confused: I made a reservation using this rate and it was the lowest rate available. :) Do I have to show proof of something when I check-in, like with AAA? What does this code mean? Thanks.

That is the rate I used to book our 2x hotel room for Atlantis in August. Can't give you any more info until I get back.

Dyanna

What do we do if they want some sort of proof of this discount? I know others on this board have used the code. This is where I found out about the code. I just wanted to know if anyone was asked questions at checkin? Hopefully someone can answer this. :)

Can someone confirm as to whether my credit card will be charged to hold a room with the Comfort Suites through the Smarter Living link or will we be charged when we arrive?

What I understood when I made my reservation is that it isn't charged until 7 am the morning AFTER you are to arrive. You have 48 hours before arrival in order to cancel with no charge. If you haven't shown up on the day you are expected, the charge will be placed on your card at 7 am the next morning as a no show reservation.

What I understood when I made my reservation is that it isn't charged until 7 am the morning AFTER you are to arrive. You have 48 hours before arrival in order to cancel with no charge. If you haven't shown up on the day you are expected, the charge will be placed on your card at 7 am the next morning as a no show reservation.

Did you make your reservation already thorugh that link so you can confirm this?

Did you make your reservation already thorugh that link so you can confirm this?

Yes, I already made my reservation through the smarter living site (or whatever it's called). It takes you to the same comfortinn site but it just fills in the significant organization rate option for you. I read all the fine print at the choicehotels site.

It gave an exact time for cancelation. It didn't say 48 hours but that's about it. I think it said 4pm on Friday and my reservation is on Sunday. Check in time is usually at 3pm at most hotels and I think this was the same time. Of course I didn't memorize the exact times, I could be off an hour - my detailed memory isn't so great.

But I do remember that it said the room would be held until 7am the next morning. This would be for late arrivals, who knows when a flight might be late. But either way, at some point you will be charged if you don't cancel by 4pm, 2 days before your arrival date. And your room will be released back into the system for others to reserve after 7am the morning after you are to arrive.

I guess that means they could let an early arrival move on in since the room will be ready. Maybe I'll be so lucky when I get there soon after 8am on a Sunday. I did call the Comfort Suite's 800 number and the woman who answered the phone confirmed for me that I would be allowed early check in when I arrive in the morning and that I'd have full use of the facilities, Atlantis included, even before my room is ready in the afternoon, should no room be available yet in the morning. And she even asked me to hold while she confirmed this with her supervisor...who indeed confirmed this.

Hey, look here on my print out of my reservation. Here is what it says:

"Guarantee Policy: Your room will be held until 7:00 AM the morning following your scheduled arrival date. If you do not arrive and do not canel your reservation by the cancellation deadline, you credit card will be charged 1 night's stay plus tax."

the energy surcharge and housekeeping gratuities are also quoted. $4.00 per person - 16 and over for energy - 12 and over for housekeeping.

I didn't realize all this is right here before me. 3pm check in. 11am check out. 4pm cancellation on Friday for Sunday arrival.

Thanks! I'm going to call tomorrow and confirm that they don't charge your card until you check in (I don't have the funds right now to make a reservation but if they don't charge your card right away, I can handle making the reservation). I figure we'll be in Miami pre-cruise for 2 days so I can decide then as to what the weather forecase will be the day we arrive in Nassau.

One good thing has come of this today, my husband and I took the girls to a local waterpark and he LOVED it (we practically spent the day on the lazy river). I mentioned to him the "waterpark" at the Atlantis so I think he'll be all for it now. Prior to today, he probably wouldn't understand spending money to ride the lazy river and water slides that the Atlantis provides. :)

Thanks so much, I'll let you know what I hear this week from Comfort Suites.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I don't know about the credit card stuff, but we have used Smarter Living a couple of times for good deal and no problems at hotel. Did not required any kind of i.d. as I think it is just a public type site like some of the other on line sites.

Hope it goes well for you.

Archived