Jet Blue air line advice

Karen Carney

I want to fly Jet Blue from Dulles airport to Ft. Lauderdale leaving my car at Dulles for the week. Does anyone know a hotel I can leave my car free? If you have flown Jet Blue please let me know if you were satisfied or had problems. I like the price very much.

I flew Jet Blue in March from Boston to Flort Lauderdale and it was great. They only give you soda and snacks. You can buy buy alcohol,wine and beer. We are flying them again from Boston to Fort Lauderdale in September for another cruise. I wish they would fly to San Juan Puerto Rico and Hawaii because I would use them for up coming trips. My son used the in December the day after Xmas from Fort Lauderdale to Boston they flew him home in snowstorm and they weren't eved delayed and also got his luggage. We would fly them in a heartbeat. They tell you they are a no frills airline.

Phyllis

I too am considering JetBlue which was recommended to me. I would be flying Buffalo to FLL and would have to change at JFK. Most airlines only serve snacks now so I don't see the difference in that respect. Is it like Southwest where there is no assigned seating? Do you really notice a difference from the other airlines such as Delta, US Air etc.?

Most hotels will only let you leave your car ( 2 weeks max in the Baltimore/Washington area) only if you stay at least one night at their hotel, usually the night before your flight. Enjoy your trip.

Jet Blue does fly to San Juan, just not nonstop except from New York. We love them. We live near the Long Beach, CA airport, so if we have to fly to NY, we check their fares first. They are no frills, but they have CHEERY flight attendants, the blue chips are fun and the Direct TV is a nice touch, although I didn't watch too much of it. 26 channels of not much on!

I've flown Jet Blue a couple of times and they're fine. Comfortable seating, individual TVs, etc. I've flown Song (Delta's competitor to Jet Blue) several times and much prefer it. The inflight TV controls are onscreen rather than on the seat arm, the seats are roomier both width and leg, and they sell food -- everything from chips to crackers and cheese to salads to meals -- for not-outrageous prices. I've gotten a ham and cheese with honey mustard on a pretzel bun a couple of times and it's outstanding. I think it was $5. I've also found pricing on Song better than Jet Blue. Both airlines are MUCH better than your standard Delta, USAirlines, United, etc. flights. There really is a difference.

We have used JetBlue to FLL and enjoyed the ride, etc. I have noticed lately when checking fares, they seemed to have gone up quite a bit.

You cannot fly direct to SJU from Boston, have to fly in to JFK and then to SJU. Even the flights from JFK/SJU/JFK are not much cheaper than other airlines for non-stop flights. We would also have to pay for BOS/JFK/BOS which only adds to the pricing. I don't know why the web site won't let you just do Boston to SJU with connection in JFK - does anyone know????

Per Pam's advice, check Song, we have also used them and found better flight times, etc. depending on where you are going. :)

lannp... we have also used Jet Blue to fly Buffalo - Fort Lauderdale for our cruise last January. It was great! Absolutely no problems. We didn't need to deplane in NY going down but did change planes coming back. That also was no problem.. Jet Blue has own area with restaurants, etc right there. You do not have to go through security again..it's all in an enclosed area. You just go back through gate (they are altogether..very easy) Wouldn't hesitate to use Jet Blue again. Seats are assigned as other airlines when we booked. Seats were blue leather (or leather-like) and they seemd wider than others. We often fly out of Buffalo even though it's a 2 1/2 drive as prices are lower than out ot Toronto.

Ciana:)

we fly Jet Blue all the time, providing we don't find a cheaper flight elsewhere.

We have found that JB does have a wide variation in their prices. If there is a school vacation or other vacation period, they often raise their prices.

I like the tv in front of me. I hate flying and it helps me to veg out just watching the map.

Thanks so much for the advice. I'll certainly consider using them. For US destinations I prefer to fly from Buffalo even if it involves a stop. Buffalo airport is much nicer than Toronto and it's closer for me.

Thanks to all of you and your info I booked my flights with Jetblue. I paid $300 less than the Princess charge. I got the times I wanted and non stop both ways. I even got to pick out the seats I wanted!. I am so pleased.

lannp - I also wanted to mention that there are some good deals around the Buffalo airport to stay if you have an early morning flight. Last time pre-cruise we stayed at the Clarion.. very clean .. nice room for $69 which included leaving our car there free for the 10 day cruise. They took us over by shuttle (10 min) and were prompt at picking us again after our cruise. Buffalo is our preferred airport too.

Ciana:)

I too am considering JetBlue which was recommended to me. I would be flying Buffalo to FLL and would have to change at JFK. Most airlines only serve snacks now so I don't see the difference in that respect. Is it like Southwest where there is no assigned seating? Do you really notice a difference from the other airlines such as Delta, US Air etc.?

I'll be flying Jet Blue for the first time in late october (Syracuse to FLL) when I go on my second cruise. Many of my colleagues have flown Jet Blue because it's often the lowest price fare from the Syracuse market - every single bit of feedback has been very favorable.

Seats are reserved in advance, you can choose them online when you book and every seat has its own TV screen to view (in the back of the seat in front of you) with DirectTV.

If you haven't flown on other airlines lately you may not be aware that few if any of them offer any type of meal service at this point unless you're i first class. In the past 12 months I have flown on Delta, United, AirTran, Continental, Independence Air, Northwest, Southwest and US Air. Most of my flights were at least from Syracuse to Atlanta in length or further. All that any of them offered were sodas and tiny snacks but most are now selling prepackaged meals at $7 - $10 and "snack boxes" at $5.

Archived