no blue lagoon?????

golfer1903

What!! carnival does not go to blue lagoon any longer???? Only been on one cruise but really loved this place. I see they go now to balmora island? Any one ever been to both?

How do they compare?

would you do blue lagoon from a different tour company? wife scared ship will leave without her.

we loved the shallow water at lagoon and the walks around is balamora nice water?

Any help or opinions thanks

I think Carnival dropped Blue Lagoon when they opened Balmoral Island. They probably don't want to compete with themselves. You can still book Blue Lagoon directly.

Ask your questions over on the Bahamas board. You'll probably find someone who has done both Blue Lagoon and Balmoral.

We did Balmoral and all 5 of us were disappointed. The beach was rocky, food and beverages were over priced and it was a long, ugly, boring ride to the island. I think if I had spent more time researching I could have found much better for the money. The only upside was no locals harassing you to buy anything. Wish we would have tried Blue Lagoon.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

carnival dropped blue lagoon excursions due to atlantis now offering similar dolphin experience at a higher rate. They make more if they send you to atlantis then if the send you to blue lagoon. we plan on booking directly with the blue lagoon and do the sea lion excursion.

We did Balmoral and all 5 of us were disappointed. The beach was rocky, food and beverages were over priced and it was a long, ugly, boring ride to the island. I think if I had spent more time researching I could have found much better for the money. The only upside was no locals harassing you to buy anything. Wish we would have tried Blue Lagoon.

Thanks for reporting back on your experience at Balmoral since you have actually really been there! Very nice of you to take your time to do this.

LuLu

~~~~

Great everyone is getting into this post but no one is answering the actual question of comparing the two. I already no how to get to blue lagoon but wanna know about the other place comparison

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've been looking for the same answers.

It seems Blue Lagoon is more consistent in high guest satisfaction. However, because Balmoral is so new, there are probably very few who have done both.

I've been looking for the same answers.

It seems Blue Lagoon is more consistent in high guest satisfaction. However' date=' because Balmoral is so new, there are probably very few who have done both[/size'].

Exactly, it's so new there are very few who have done both at this point.

LuLu

~~~~

• 2 weeks later...

I understand your wife being afraid of missing the ship! I guess the question is...when is your ship in port? We are going in May and ship is in port until 8pm. Blue Lagoon is only open until like 4pm as that is the last ferry off the island. So I have no worries about missing the ship! Something to consider!