Just Back from the Breeze, Saturday, 2/1

Debhar

A wonderful cruise. No problems making the flight. We did self assist debark and climbed into a taxi at 8:04 am on our way to the Miami airport. Made it well in advance of the flight. Self assist was easy enough but it got kind-of crazy in the Ovation theatre. Everyone goes there and waits to debark. Suppose to be first in, first to get off the ship. But folks coming in at the last minute starting pushing in line to get ahead of others. Carnival staff tried to stop this but they only had 2 workers and hundreds of people jumping line - folks starting yelling & it got a little ugly until staff got it under control -- never got out of hand, just some yelling & so on.

What is one thing (or maybe several) that you did on the ship, saw on the ship, ate on the ship, etc. that you wished you would have found out about earlier or maybe did more often?

We will be on the Breeze in two weeks.

folks starting yelling & it got a little ugly until staff got it under control -- never got out of hand, just some yelling & so on.

I may fight to get on the ship but never in a million years would I fight to get off. It's the complete opposite, they have to kick me off :D

A wonderful cruise. No problems making the flight. We did self assist debark and climbed into a taxi at 8:04 am on our way to the Miami airport. Made it well in advance of the flight. Self assist was easy enough but it got kind-of crazy in the Ovation theatre. Everyone goes there and waits to debark. Suppose to be first in, first to get off the ship. But folks coming in at the last minute starting pushing in line to get ahead of others. Carnival staff tried to stop this but they only had 2 workers and hundreds of people jumping line - folks starting yelling & it got a little ugly until staff got it under control -- never got out of hand, just some yelling & so on.

did self assist go before platinum, I also have a early flight and need to be off asap... ...

Edited by keene state mom

Just returned from the Breeze. Prior to the cruise stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Had an 11:40 am flight out of Miami the morning we returned. Can answer any questions about any of this.

Same thing on our cruise.

When we do self assist debark we just walk off the ship. Always have. Breeze si a great ship, we booked it again for December! Glad you enjoyed your cruise

What is one thing (or maybe several) that you did on the ship, saw on the ship, ate on the ship, etc. that you wished you would have found out about earlier or maybe did more often?

We will be on the Breeze in two weeks.

I was on the Breeze last summer right after Labor Day, and my two favorite spots were the Indian Tandoor restaurant far aft on the Lido, and Fat Jimmy's BBQ. There's usually no line for the Tandoor, but the BBQ spot is only open during lunch on sea days and the lines starts to form 1/2 hour or more from the time it opens. Also a great place to relax any time of day or nice is the Ocean Plaza when an event is not taking place and either side of the Lanai, which is outside of Ocean Plaza deck 5. If your looking for an empty hot tub, this is the place also first thing in the morning. I had a balcony cabin on deck 7, and from my room I could check out if the hot tub was crowded (usually not) and then head down for an hour or so. After that there were usually kids practicing their snorkeling in it.

The Holiday Inn Port of Miami was just fine, it's a very old hotel and the walls are very thin and the elevators are very slow (only 2 work, the third is being renovated). When we first arrived the room next to us was partying (music blaring & yelling, laughing extremely loudly) but they were completely quiet by bedtime. Overall, we'd stay there again. There is a CVS at the end of the block that people said had a selection of everything, but we didn't go. The Bayside Marketplace is directly across the street and had several places to eat and you can sit outside & listen to a band.

I believe one thing we enjoyed (over our last 2 cruises) was that we could sit by the pool & be in the sun or stay completely in the shade and still enjoy all the conveniences of the pool area (music, waterslides, bar service).

We are sailing on the Breeze on 3/1, how was the Holiday Inn at the Port? Does it have any place close to buy wine and/or cokes prior to the cruise?

My Fun Group stayed at the H.I. in August very nice hotel. There is a drug store about 2 blocks from the hotel that sells wine & sodas.

We were in cabin #7355. It was quiet. On the balcony we could very faintly hear music from the main pool area, but once inside the cabin we couldn't hear it at all. There is always hall noise as in any cabin but it wasn't bad. We would easily ask for the same cabin again.