Need Advice Choosing A Cabin Class/Family of 4

LBeeE

We are trying to plan our next cruise and would like to take our kids next time. We have been on 2 cruises without them. They are ages 7 & 9. I realize there are pros and cons to all of the cabin scenarios. And I realize it will be a personal preference too. Here are the options we are considering:

1) Two adjoining balcony rooms

2) All of us in a JS

3) Two adjoining outside rooms

For us it will come to price, but if the prices for options 1&2 are close together, which is better?? Two bathrooms or one larger room with a tub and larger closet? Option 3 is least preferable, unless it's a significant savings.

I hate that we can't save money and do a guarantee on any of these. Any tips on how to get the best deal on any of these options, besides stalking the site 24/7 or staring at the prices so long they look reasonable?

Definitely two adjoining balcony rooms. You have more room, more privacy, beds for all (as opposed to pullmans and couches) and two bathrooms. You miss the extra cruise credit, but the other benefits are worth it for me.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have done both...when my girls were younger (9 and 11 on our first cruise), they didn't want to have a separate room and be too far away from us. We had a balcony cabin for the next several cruises and it was a bit crowded but we managed and my husband and I spent quite a bit of room time on our balcony. Fast forward a couple of years to the girls at 13 and 15 where they were excited about a room of their own. Last year, I was going to book a Junior Suite for us however, the two balcony rooms were actually a much cheaper option and it was fabulous. Two TVs, two bathrooms, and two places to spread out. The girls can sleep late while we have breakfast on the balcony. Everyone can shower whenever they want and we had plenty of plugs for phones, curling irons, etc. I would do the two rooms every time!

We are trying to plan our next cruise and would like to take our kids next time. We have been on 2 cruises without them. They are ages 7 & 9. I realize there are pros and cons to all of the cabin scenarios. And I realize it will be a personal preference too. Here are the options we are considering:

1) Two adjoining balcony rooms

2) All of us in a JS

3) Two adjoining outside rooms

For us it will come to price, but if the prices for options 1&2 are close together, which is better?? Two bathrooms or one larger room with a tub and larger closet? Option 3 is least preferable, unless it's a significant savings.

I hate that we can't save money and do a guarantee on any of these. Any tips on how to get the best deal on any of these options, besides stalking the site 24/7 or staring at the prices so long they look reasonable?

Another vote for two adjoining balcony rooms, but if you can find a Grand Suite for the same price, then I will go for the suite life!!:D:D

What is the difference between adjoining and connecting? Thanks!!

Adjoining are 2 cabins next door to each other.You will have to go out into the hall to get to the other cabin.

Connecting actually have a door in the cabin to connect the 2 rooms. You can leave the door open or close it for privacy.

My kids that age LOVED the pullman beds that came out of the ceiling of an inside cabin. The room was perfect for us, and they could not wait to get back to the cabin at night, to climb into their bunks.

I know its not on your list, but a single cabin is great with kids that age,

The best possible scenario is getting a deal on a Royal Family Suite like we have in the past. It was a little more than our JS and we were able to upgrade last minute. It spoiled us rotten :D.

However, we have also booked connecting insides, shared a balcony, and shared a JS when we brought kids in the past.

My favorite is, of course, the RFS, but sharing a JS was also not bad. It's really a toss up between connecting cabins and a JS. We like two cabins because of the two bathrooms and TV's, but we like JS because of the big balcony and double points.

I'd do whichever is cheaper. I'd probably feel more comfortable with a JS than two balconies with little kids. I just don't like the idea of them playing on the balcony by themselves :eek:. I never would have thought about it when my kids were younger, but I've gotten more careful since I've gotten older ;).

My kids that age LOVED the pullman beds that came out of the ceiling of an inside cabin. The room was perfect for us, and they could not wait to get back to the cabin at night, to climb into their bunks.

I know its not on your list, but a single cabin is great with kids that age,

I second this suggestion. With your kids that age you could easily do 4 in a room with the 2 Pullmans. It's pretty much how we can afford to cruise, by staying in 1 room. Last 2 cruises we've done balconies, having a balcony gives you extra room.