Eurodam midship vibrations

goldgoin

We dined in the Tamarind restaurant on a cruise in January and experienced a lot of vibration. The server said it was common on the ship because it is located midship and on one of the top decks.

Do the rest of you agree?

What about mid-ship staterooms? Do they experience a lot of vibrations too?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

I've spent about 25 days on the Eurodam in the last 2 years. One of my cains was mid ship the other mid aft. You could feel the vibration at times but it certainly wasn't a big deal. The Eurodam is one of my favs and I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise on it.

We always book a cabin near the glass elevators. That's about as mid ship as it gets. Never noticed any vibrations.

Just the opposite is true, the further aft you are, the more vibration you will feel from the engines, thrusters, and hydraulics.

We were in a deck six midships cabin (about as midships as you can get) in December and had a wonderful ride. Up in Tamarind, however, there were tables where the vibrations were very pronounced. If I had those vibrations in my cabin I would not have been a happy camper -- but during lunch it was fine. The staff in Tamarind also told us that the vibrations were common in that location.

I was in the Tamarind on the Eurodam for a wine tasting. I think it was held on the starboard side of the restaurant. There was noticeable vibration there, but none that I noticed on the port side of the restaurant.

Usually, on the lower decks, no vibrations are noticed. I was surprised that it was noticeable on the top deck and have not come up with a good reason as to why.

I booked a midship suite--- never again. I literally watched my bag move across the bed, the vibrations were so bad. I had heard the rumors about Eurodam, but have never had a problem with seasickness or rough waves and figured it wouldn't be a problem. But I love napping on my cruises and unless we were stopped in port, it was bumpy and hard to sleep. That was my last trip on Eurodam.